What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

TruSaint

Referee
Just read on Fox sports that Simon Woolford will return from the UK as head coach of Huddersfield to take up an assistant coaching role with the RedV.
Obviously meets the Dragons criteria being Cheap, gained zero coaching success, nil demand and a former player.
Probably Mary seeking advice from his mentors in Sticky Stuart & Lozza.

Hi mate,

The reports out of England don't support that. All he said was that if his team gets relegated, he will return to Australia.

Put it this way.. If a coach, who's team has just been relegated, aborts ship and is picked up by us, then we are worse off than what I thought.

And thats saying something.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hi mate,

The reports out of England don't support that. All he said was that if his team gets relegated, he will return to Australia.

Put it this way.. If a coach, who's team has just been relegated, aborts ship and is picked up by us, then we are worse off than what I thought.

And thats saying something.
Tru I do hope that is correct as I see zero benefit of the Germ being an assistant to the Peanut. Surely the club needs a experienced assistant with some level of success ready to take over after 8 rounds next year.
Surely Gus could put a word in for Cameron Ciraldo from his beloved Pennies whom had great NSW Cup success & has his nose out of joint with Trent Barrett joining the Panthers staff.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
lets face it boys were pushing shit uphill , trying to get some professional attitudes from this bunch of wankers running our club .....NEW COACH YOUR JOKING BOYS....

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Our next coach will be Paul McGregor unless we can get a swap with whoever coaches the chicks
Relax....he is just as bad. Women's side supposed to be favourites.
He cant coach for....trees
Same coach ran last in 2018.
Sounds like the same problem with the 1st grade mens game has eminated to the chicks
Mary must be hanging around the sheds
If we dont beat the Warriors next week it is likely good night...no final berth again
Oh well..least they tried to buy a comp with some of the best players, got to give them that

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently if Flanagan gets cleared then Mary is gone and Flanno will be Saints coach. It was on Twitter. How true that is we will find out soon. Greenberg holds the key to Mary's and Flanno's futures.

I bet Greenberg is Mary's mate as well as Mary seems to have all his mates in the right places.

St Georgio

Juniors
They Asked Nathan Brown On MMM if he would be opened to being an Assistant again, he was okay with it.
Well for F sake if those F@#kers at Dragons land really love the club and not willing to replace McGregor, the least they could do is Bring Back Browny!

TruSaint

Referee
Brown, Barrett and Ryles... :)

B_Vlft4VAAA41p3.jpg

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
I think we are clutching at straws if we employ any of JD, Fitzgibbon, Ryles, Brown, Wane etc. They may turn out to be good coaches one day but they do not have a track record at NRL level to take the risk. After what we have been through with rookie coaches we cannot afford to take a chance on another. In my opinion Shane Flannaghan is the only available coach with a proven track record including a premiership. When he coached the Sharks they were always a competitive team and played tough football. The NRL has indicated he will not be allowed to coach next season...I think we therefore need to be patient and look at next season as a bridging year looking at strategic recruitment and planned succession before bringing Flannaghan on board officially for 2021 ..if the NRL allowed it he could be involved in that interim role leading into 2021. It annoys me to think that next year would be semi wasted but I think a longer term strategic outlook would be better for the club in the medium/longer term.

BLM01

First Grade
I think we are clutching at straws if we employ any of JD, Fitzgibbon, Ryles, Brown, Wane etc. They may turn out to be good coaches one day but they do not have a track record at NRL level to take the risk. After what we have been through with rookie coaches we cannot afford to take a chance on another. In my opinion Shane Flannaghan is the only available coach with a proven track record including a premiership. When he coached the Sharks they were always a competitive team and played tough football. The NRL has indicated he will not be allowed to coach next season...I think we therefore need to be patient and look at next season as a bridging year looking at strategic recruitment and planned succession before bringing Flannaghan on board officially for 2021 ..if the NRL allowed it he could be involved in that interim role leading into 2021. It annoys me to think that next year would be semi wasted but I think a longer term strategic outlook would be better for the club in the medium/longer term.
You never know by the end of next year Mary may turn into a coach o_O

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I CAN SEE A LARGE SEMI TRAILER....never mind flanagan run over by a bus .......

BLM01

First Grade
DREAMING AGAIN..............
I like dreamin....cause dreamin makes me feel fine
I like dreamin....closing my eyes and hoping Mary resigns
When the lights go down, at WIN where there oh so bright.
Got to hope and pray that Coach Mary finally sees the light.

Sorry you words took me straight to the song

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
They Asked Nathan Brown On MMM if he would be opened to being an Assistant again, he was okay with it.
Well for F sake if those F@#kers at Dragons land really love the club and not willing to replace McGregor, the least they could do is Bring Back Browny!

Brown, although not my first choice to take over, has an absolute shedload more experience and nous than McGregor. There is no way Brown could succumb to being McIdiots assistant.

S A C K - M c G R E G O R - N O W !

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Flannagan is the intended McGregor replacement (and there must be a reason why Flannagan has re-tried to have his case overturned with the NRL), then it sort of makes sense. If Flannagan is successful in getting his ban lifted, there would be restrictions placed on him, one may be salary.
Being able to pay out McGregor and employing a premiership winning coach at a basement amount is appealing to everyone, Imo.
Wane would be a very good option but his salary command may be too much at present.

nontime111

Juniors
its gotta be Flanno... I hope that Greenberg has an ounce of HUMAN left in his Reptillian DNA to understand Flannos regret and remorse on top of our dire damn NEED and the greater good of the game to have a strong St George and do the right thing and let us actually play football again!

St Georgio

Juniors
its gotta be Flanno... I hope that Greenberg has an ounce of HUMAN left in his Reptillian DNA to understand Flannos regret and remorse on top of our dire damn NEED and the greater good of the game to have a strong St George and do the right thing and let us actually play football again!
I hope that Greenberg has an ounce of HUMAN left in his ReptillianDNA, That is sooo Funny!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The way I see it:

1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Curtis what’s-his-name (from the Storm)
4. Lafai
5. Pearson
6. Norman
7. Hunt
13. Ford
12. T. Sims
11. Frizell (co captain)
10. Vaughan
9. McInnes (co captain)
8. Graham

Reserves: K. Sims, Leilua, Kerr and Lawrie.

Note: the above isn’t my preference, only what I think McIdiot will do for round one next year.

nontime111

Juniors
The way I see it:

1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. Curtis what’s-his-name (from the Storm)
4. Lafai
5. Pearson
6. Norman
7. Hunt
13. Ford
12. T. Sims
11. Frizell (co captain)
10. Vaughan
9. McInnes (co captain)
8. Graham

Reserves: K. Sims, Leilua, Kerr and Lawrie.

Note: the above isn’t my preference, only what I think McIdiot will do for round one next year.
I think its a pretty good team you have here...Id make room for Sailor though, Id have him ahead of Pearson

Latest posts