What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Happy MEel

First Grade
We should be thinking about becoming a regular Top 4 team. BA has been good this year but can he help turn us into that team over the next 5-10 years? That is his ultimate test and it starts with how we build on what we have done this year.
Spot on. However, I’m getting more confidence in BA with our recruitment. Building the roster will have the biggest impact on our ability to be a regular top 4 side and he has exceeded expectations this year. If we sign a quality edge forward I’m confident we have the ability to compete with the Roosters and Storm.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Recruitment has improved massively since the introduction of our recruitment and retention committee.
Still no Jenko, Gowie or Taka announcements I note. Hasty decisions appear a thing of the past.

strider

Post Whore
TBH Im not sure much has changed .... i think we just dont know what goes on, so when something turns out bad we just assume everything is crap behind the scenes

Im sure BA is improving - he says as much himself .... additional people around is always good support, but i am betting its still largely BAs call in most areas, just as its always been

Not signing great players one year doesnt mean you didnt try ... and maybe the year you do, then the moons just aligned well

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wonder if the Broncos' disastrous finals exit will make it easier to pry Fifita away from Brisbane after 1 November. I assume he won't be making a decision until after the 2020 season starts anyway, so I dare say their form this year won't matter.

But the Broncos have now been smashed in their past two finals games.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id suggest the recruitment period from mid last season till now would be our clubs best ever although I'm sure some may consider differently.
Fergo, Sivo, Lane, Paulo and Blake have been unbelievable. Possibly RCG as well. Then of cause is our retention and the prices we are paying. Guthos deal may be a little over but im sure in the past we would have paid more. Moses looks a real bargain and we have Penrith paying both Waqa and RCG to play for us. Rumour has it that Mennings will accept half of his current payments and the 330k Sivo deal if done looks a steal. We are obviously playing hard ball with Taka and are confident of extending Drown for what we believe he is worth.
We refused to bend over for Mau and Teps given they have accepted deals elsewhere. Tim hasnt been retained and I'd bet he wanted another contract.
Looks like generally we are getting it right now a lot more than we have done in the past. Bravo Parra.

So BA never talked to anyone but the new guys are telling everyone to get f**ked. Obviously the expression that if you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all, is rubbish.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I wonder if the Broncos' disastrous finals exit will make it easier to pry Fifita away from Brisbane after 1 November. I assume he won't be making a decision until after the 2020 season starts anyway, so I dare say their form this year won't matter.

But the Broncos have now been smashed in their past two finals games.
You’d also have to think that his manager is in his ear letting him know that if he does sign (with the $$ it will require), it will make it even harder for the Broncos to build a decent roster around him.

They have the balance all wrong.

Dibs

Bench
What the f**k would you know?
images
I’m with @Gronk, ditching the miniskirt would be a much better view