What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
His effort in the Newcastle game shows he was not putting in the rest of the season. Decides to show up for the last game and has his best outing of the year.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
His effort in the Newcastle game shows he was putting in the rest of the season. Decides to show up for the last game and has his best outing of the year.

Which still wasn’t that amazing. It was great by his standard, but he should have been averaging that sort of game, considering how much we were paying him.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You are right, there was a game towards the end of the year when Ivan said to Reg he wasnt having a go, Reg cracked the shits at him and never got over it...

He threw the toys out the cot.

If true this is pretty dissappointing. I love Reg when he's on. Sadly I could almost count on my hands the number of times this has happened over the past 14months. Especially when you consider the amount of money he was on. The same could have been said about Blake and DWZ too. Does Penrith breed juniors that become entitled ?

Bet your life he will kick on at Parramatta and then declare how wonderful they are. Am i bitter and twisted . You betcha.

DaveMc

Juniors
I know there was a suggestion that Grant might go around again and that seems unlikely now, so this is purely hypothetical. But I do wonder, wouldn’t a new contract for him next year have attracted all kinds of questions from the integrity unit about the salary cap? Given that he terminated his contract this year, with the effect that it freed up space for this year’s cap, I can’t imagine there wouldn’t have been a lot of questions asked if he were to sign for next year. As I say, seems a moot point now, but we saw from the Tigers - Farah thing earlier this year that there are some things that attract a lot of scrutiny.

I know there was a suggestion that Grant might go around again and that seems unlikely now, so this is purely hypothetical. But I do wonder, wouldn’t a new contract for him next year have attracted all kinds of questions from the integrity unit about the salary cap? Given that he terminated his contract this year, with the effect that it freed up space for this year’s cap, I can’t imagine there wouldn’t have been a lot of questions asked if he were to sign for next year. As I say, seems a moot point now, but we saw from the Tigers - Farah thing earlier this year that there are some things that attract a lot of scrutiny.

I did wonder about that too, maybe they got advice and it’s the reasons he’s leaving?

We now need at least 2 new props, maybe even 3.

Tamou
Leota
Leniu
JFH

Are our only props, and JFH might play lock.

mxlegend99

Referee
If true this is pretty dissappointing. I love Reg when he's on. Sadly I could almost count on my hands the number of times this has happened over the past 14months. Especially when you consider the amount of money he was on. The same could have been said about Blake and DWZ too. Does Penrith breed juniors that become entitled ?

Bet your life he will kick on at Parramatta and then declare how wonderful they are. Am i bitter and twisted . You betcha.
Blake and DWZ might not have been in career best form before leaving. Who was at the time though?

The likes of Mansour, Whare, Edwards etc. were in even worse form than they were at the time... Edwards especially looked like the worst player to ever pull on a Panthers jersey for a brief period.

I never once thought DWZ or Blake phoned it in like you could accuse RCG of doing. Hell even in career worst form you could see Edwards was trying.

There's more reason to question Jimmys effort after the Origin series than Blake or DWZ. RCG phoned it in most of the season. Jimmy did it pretty much as soon as he announced he was leaving... and its a bit of a pattern with hin. He can't wait to leave for more money at new clubs and his effort for his current club drops.

kinghippo

Juniors
I did wonder about that too, maybe they got advice and it’s the reasons he’s leaving?

We now need at least 2 new props, maybe even 3.

Tamou
Leota
Leniu
JFH

Are our only props, and JFH might play lock.
The departure list will probably continue to grow, Hethrington and a probably a few others.
There must be a lot of signings coming.

betcats

Referee
Yeah but he stuck around the club doing his rehab, I think these personal differences can sometimes be blown out of proportion.

That kind of rehab cost a lot, he’d be mad not to use the club for that. The rehab group doesn’t train with the main group he’d barely see Ivan if he didn’t want to.

If a player is injured in the final year of a contract and doesn’t get a new club the club he was contracted to while injured will allow them to rehab that injury back to full health, it might even be an obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts