What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that the lava has cooled.

Eelogical

Referee
Let's be clinical about this. On one hand we have the Storm, the team that's set the highest, most consistent standard of football all year in the regular rounds. On the other hand we have the Eels, the team that can either tear out your soul one moment then deliver you an overwhelming sense of elation the next. Getting over our win against the Broncos is the first hurdle that BA and the team have to overcome. The second hurdle is overcoming the mental and skillful shellacking that the Storm handed us earlier in the season. The third hurdle is AAMI and a Melbourne home crowd. For the Eels, they are on a high that I've never seen for quite some time. They are playing as a team, are injury free and have a belief in themselves that nobody thought existed until yesterday.
My question is, "Do you think we will do it"?

strider

Post Whore
I dont think AAMI will be a problem ... im betting a decent Eels contingent will travel and make some noise

I think the Broncos win needs to be taken for the fact Brisbane are mostly crap .... but still our attitude was great and we never let up. Still a great confidence booster.

I actually think we might well get the win

The biggest fear is that its meant to be a bit showery in bleaksville on the weekend ... handling issues

Bandwagon

Staff member
There are no excuses for this game. We are full strength. And we are in form.

We will win if we turn up ready to play, and I think we just might. The Storm will be as nervous, if not more so than us. For all their experience they carry the weight of expectation. yet there is is also a fair bit of inexperience in their squad

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There are no excuses for this game. We are full strength. And we are in form.

We will win if we turn up ready to play, and I think we just might. The Storm will be as nervous, if not more so than us. For all their experience they carry the weight of expectation. yet there is is also a fair bit of inexperience in their squad
Sound like a team of nuffies.

eel01s

Bench
We need to believe we can and will win. I think the players do believe it, and it will go a long way on Saturday. Remember, we should have won there 2 years ago.

Gronk

Staff member
Hold on. Is this a post post match thread or a pre team list thread ?

parra pete

Referee
It is shaping as even stevens..A Toss Up...Henry Perenara could be the difference between winning or losing....

emjaycee

Coach
I am the eternal optimist and therefore am expecting an Eels victory by 12+.

I think the confidence the team got from yesterday's semi-opposed training run will be enough to get them off to a flying start. I think our young players like Drown, Sivo and Mahoney have enough self-belief and confidence just to play their game come hell or highwater. I don't see Ferguson, Jennings or Waqa being scared of Melbourne - they will take it to them in both attack and defence.

Nrown, Ma'u, Evans and Junior will be fired up and full of aggression, ready to prove that they can mix it with the best. Lane is Lane. He will just do what he does week after week.

That leaves our key playmakers in Gutho and Moses. If they stay composed and stick to the plan BA gives them, we will see a game full of second phase play mixed with some individual brilliance.

If our benchies all bring their A game (Alvaro and Tepai for the second week in a row),we got 'dis.