What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that the lava has cooled.

IFR33K

Coach
I think if we’re to win we need to play the same type of game as against the broncos. We need to rattle them early. Going into a dogfight with the storm will suit them, and not sure we’ll hold them out.

chiefy1

Juniors
Its looking like a wet weather game down in Melb which should keep the scores close. Our advantage is that we're very settled, and Melbourne look undecided in a few positions

Eelectrica

Referee
It's a definite maybe.
Melbourne look to be playing scared, we're playing to win.

The thumping earlier in the season means it shouldn't be too hard to refocus.

T.S Quint

Coach
The wet weather will advantage the Storm, I think. They will want to slow everything down to not allow us to get an up-tempo pace going so we can use our outside backs to get around them.

It will be a massive task for our forwards so we will need our big outside backs to help them out as much as possible. We can take some risks, lots of short passes in the middle and spin it wide when we get the chance. Cant get into a hard slog running one out because that will play right into Melbourne’s hands.

I hope we win.

T.S Quint

Coach
f**k, how good was Sunday!
I'm still buzzing from it. I'm going to enjoy this for the rest of the week. I might even get to a point where I may think we can get close to a win on Saturday night.

This may not be a good thing.

forward pass

Coach
Even though it is such a huge game, we cant forget the fact our away record is still diabolical.
And it is a concern that we weren't tested at all last week.

I think we will give a real account of ourselves. This will be close.

Eelogical

Referee
If it's raining we'll probably get a case of the dropsies. It it's dry track by game time, we're in with a chance to reverse the biggest shellacking that we have copped all year. All our good calls for the last 10 years went into last sunday's game, and none of the bad. I believe we can do it with a fair chance of possession, optimism, luck, patience and a killer game plan.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sorry guys Storm will win

Too much of a hurdle

Weather
home ground advantage
ton of international players
refs will give them the 50/50 calls

Been a great year for us, bring on 2020...
Fu*k off with your logic PB. Hang in buddy.
Logic said Eels v Broncos would be a toss of the coin.
Every bast*rd driver that is pis*ing me off this week are getting a big "fu*k off back to Melbourne". Got to maintain the rage.
We got this. Lets go boys. Eels by 8.

Tooooks

Bench
Sorry guys Storm will win

Too much of a hurdle

Weather
home ground advantage
ton of international players
refs will give them the 50/50 calls

Been a great year for us, bring on 2020...

I’ll wait til at least 5 minutes after kickoff before I give up on them.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Obviously the storm are huge favourites and we aren’t expected to win, however this storm side is not as good as previous years.

The key is which eels side turns up the one that completes high, energy in defence, makes minimal errors and kicks well, Or the one that makes stupid errors and sleeps in the ruck, and gives the opposition to much field position.

If the good eels turn up we are a very good chance (but it won’t be easy) as our attack can worry the storm, they have trouble defending against “unstructured” attack, while they can have trouble scoring if we don’t give them “cheap” field position.

Gronk

Staff member
Even though it is such a huge game, we cant forget the fact our away record is still diabolical.
And it is a concern that we weren't tested at all last week.

I think we will give a real account of ourselves. This will be close.

Teams that finish in the 5 6 7 8th positions will have poor away records. If they had good away records, they would be finishing in the top 4 FFS.

Including our NT win, we won 6 away and Manly won only 7.

Teams that finish in the 5 6 7 8th positions will have poor away records. If they had good away records, they would be finishing in the top 4 FFS.

Including our NT win, we won 6 away and Manly won only 7.
Why would you include our NT win? It wasn't as if it was like a home game for our opposition, which is what away games usually are. One of Manly's home games was against Brisbane in Brisbane. Now that would be worth counting as an away win. But they lost.

Gronk

Staff member
Why would you include our NT win? It wasn't as if it was like a home game for our opposition, which is what away games usually are. One of Manly's home games was against Brisbane in Brisbane. Now that would be worth counting as an away win. But they lost.
We won playing away from ANZ or Bankwest (home). Merkins are saying that we struggle to win away from home. I'm not fudging the numbers FFS.

I am proving a point that teams who finish in the lower part if the 8 also have poor away records.