What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Panther FIRE

Juniors
Sucks not playing finals!! I would take Hook's "we can't defend and we can't really attack either but we can win" footy and actually play in the finals over the "we're young, inexperienced and inconsistent but by gosh, we'll get there one day" footy that we've got to put up with now.

DH with his winning percentage as a coach of 58% should be coaching us! What a joke.

GongPanther

Referee
Who will be our rookie of the year?

To'o ? Martin? Naden?

Perhaps the honour will be shared by a few this year?
Depends on which position is more demanding. The position Martin plays does take time to take in, and some of his wide runs have been great. But for excitement, and getting over the line when it mattered, To'o was the primary go to man out wide and for getting us out of the shit near our line. So To'o is my vote.

MrBlack

Juniors
A little while ago I posted that I thought it best if we just missed the finals.

Watching yesterdays game, It could have easily been us on the back of that hiding the way we were playing (and would have been our game had we won one more game).

That's the sort of loss that starts to affect your pre-season preparations and plays games with your mind for at least the next year.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I thought Martin made a huge difference when he first came into the team. He was at Lock but to me he has not been so effective since moving to second row.

Rookie of the year must be: To'o

GongPanther

Referee
With the number of Ex-Panthers playing for Parra it kinda was us spanking them.....
Whenever we don't make the semis, it's great to watch ex-Panther juniors run around in the finals, if any are playing. I sincerely hope Parra do well, being it's nearly 33 long years since their last GF win. Even we have never suffered a drought such as that, so I don't think anyone would begrudge them a GF win.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I mean I would! Even Melbourne or the Roosters before Parra!

Of the six teams left:

1. Storm (they win so often that I don't really give a shit if they win again. Throw it on the pile. I'd be envious if any of the other five won it)
2. Raiders
3. Eels
4. Manly
5. Rabbits
6. Roosters (yes, I know I could make the same argument as for the Storm, but f**k the Roosters)

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Canberra take out this year’s GF, rather than seeing Storm or Roosters win it.

Whats conflicting though is that a part of me still bears a small grudge against the Raiders for beating us in the 1990 GF with a team that was later revealed to have cheated the salary cap.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I would. Sick of seeing Roosters and Storm dominate. I want the comp to be more competitive.
That's great... The comp can be competitive without Parra being successful... I was raised to hate everything that has to do with the Eels, as were any of my Panther mates growing up.

OldPanther

Coach
That's great... The comp can be competitive without Parra being successful... I was raised to hate everything that has to do with the Eels, as were any of my Panther mates growing up.

I'll still take them over the current big bad teams. Panthers could've done it If they didn't suck this year. My bandwagon is the Raiders though. Really hoping they get it.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'll still take them over the current big bad teams. Panthers could've done it If they didn't suck this year. My bandwagon is the Raiders though. Really hoping they get it.
Then I believe we may have reached an impasse... Sorry Oldy, I thought you were alright too... ;)

But seriously, yes I am riding the Raiders now - Living in Canberra and having my missus and half my kids go for them, it's hard not to get caught up in their hype this season.

Latest posts