What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hold the women’s competition in summer

T-Boon

Coach
they really should have a think about when the right time to start this competition is,I don't think it is in September when there is already a month of NRL fatigue. It should be pre the NRL season.

Stallion

First Grade
Suggest a regig. Perhaps as more teams hopefully get included, just after the representative origin and international series? Certainly hope this competition goes to at least 8 teams in the near future with an aim toward all clubs in the long-run.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Suggest a regig. Perhaps as more teams hopefully get included, just after the representative origin and international series? Certainly hope this competition goes to at least 8 teams in the near future with an aim toward all clubs in the long-run.
It's obviously not going to remain a four-team, 3-round comp much longer. New teams and a new timeline will almost certainly happen in the next 1-2 years

T-Boon

Coach
I was at WSS last weekend and seriously nobody was watching the Broncos v Dragons women's game.
Dust off the wallet and spend some money promoting the WNRL pre the NRL season.
It should be competing with WAFL not the NRL and AFL finals.

skeepe

Immortal
It's obviously not going to remain a four-team, 3-round comp much longer. New teams and a new timeline will almost certainly happen in the next 1-2 years

The Raiders have plans to enter a team by 2021, with most other clubs planning something by 2023.

Penrith and Gold Coast won’t commit to a timeframe.

Souths are the only team that have said they would prefer to focus on their mens teams because womens teams are too expensive.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/24/raiders-express-interest-to-lodge-submission-for-nrlw-entry/

stryker

First Grade
I was at WSS last weekend and seriously nobody was watching the Broncos v Dragons women's game.
Dust off the wallet and spend some money promoting the WNRL pre the NRL season.
It should be competing with WAFL not the NRL and AFL finals.
This is correct.

Legion

Juniors
Surely you could combat that by either going the Tennis route (a shorter game), or quartering up the 80 minutes.
The last womens game that I watched they played 60 minutes.

Splitting that into 4 quarters would work if all of their forwards could play more than 10 minutes a half. In her last game, Ruan Sims barely made that.

[And no to whoever suggested that they play in bikinis. Although that would be a great idea if the girls were fit. One way to draw an audience, lol]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Splitting that into 4 quarters would work if all of their forwards could play more than 10 minutes a half. In her last game, Ruan Sims barely made that.
I don't think so. Where did you get that 'stat' from?

Edit: Just read the read the rest of your 'contributions' in this thread. You're obviously not the full quid.

T-Boon

Coach
Playing in bikinis is a completely offensive idea.
As I have said the women's game would be more popular with women and men if they did not play in footy shorts and instead played in what women are comfortable to be seen exercising in which is full length performance pants. I have never seen a woman choose to get around in footy shorts. I see full length performance pants everywhere.

Legion

Juniors
I don't think so. Where did you get that 'stat' from?

Edit: Just read the read the rest of your 'contributions' in this thread. You're obviously not the full quid.
You don't think what exactly?

The womens game that I watched they played 30 minutes per half.
Ruan Sims only played for around ten minutes per half.
What is so hard to understand? And I'm not the full quid? Duh ok then, lol.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What is so hard to understand? And I'm not the full quid? Duh ok then, lol.
"Duh ok then" sums you up well. I see you're starting to back peddle a bit, so maybe there's hope for you yet.

You said Ruan Sims "barely made" it to 10 minutes per half, and I'm calling bullshit.

What do hope to achieve by making stuff up?

Legion

Juniors
"Duh ok then" sums you up well. I see you're starting to back peddle a bit, so maybe there's hope for you yet.

You said Ruan Sims "barely made" it to 10 minutes per half, and I'm calling bullshit.

What do hope to achieve by making stuff up?
Unprovoked insults from an admin no less. Great example that you set for the rest of us champ.

And thanks for leading me to waste 30 minutes trying to find stats on the nrlw that barely exist.

According to the Easts website, Ruan Sims played for 28 minutes in her last game against St. George. Not what I saw so yeah, there's some more "bullshit" for you. [No, I can't be bothered to watch a replay even if it was available just to prove a point with someone who seems to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning; or is this your usual charming disposition?]

Maybe they were embarrassed & felt the need to include the time that Sims spent on the field rather than the actual game clock?
None-the-less, even at the claimed 28 minutes [14 minutes per half according to Easts] she still can't avoid comparisons to "Half-a-game Artie". By the looks of her Ruan also enjoys more than a few meat pies, lol.
But I suppose you also consider that "bullshit"?

Have a nice day. Hope it improves for you : )

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Unprovoked insults from an admin no less. Great example that you set for the rest of us champ.

And thanks for leading me to waste 30 minutes trying to find stats on the nrlw that barely exist.

According to the Easts website, Ruan Sims played for 28 minutes in her last game against St. George. Not what I saw so yeah, there's some more "bullshit" for you. [No, I can't be bothered to watch a reply even if it was available just to prove a point with someone who seems to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning; or is this your usual charming disposition?]

Maybe they were embarrassed & felt the need to include the time that Sims spent on the field rather than the actual game clock?
None-the-less, even at the claimed 28 minutes [14 minutes per half according to Easts] she still can't avoid comparisons to "Half-a-game Artie". By the looks of her Ruan also enjoys more than a few meat pies, lol.
But I suppose you also consider that "bullshit"?

Have a nice day. Hope it improves for you : )
LOL the stats link was provided for you above. I'm not sure what "stats that barely exist" means. They either exist or they don't.

Anyway, 28 minutes (just short of half the match) isn't "ten minutes per half".

Congrats on throwing the meat pie remark in there again just to stir the pot, you don't come across as a f**kwit at all.

Legion

Juniors
LOL the stats link was provided for you above. I'm not sure what "stats that barely exist" means. They either exist or they don't.

Anyway, 28 minutes (just short of half the match) isn't "ten minutes per half".

Congrats on throwing the meat pie remark in there again just to stir the pot, you don't come across as a f**kwit at all.
Do a duckduckgo for game stats for the womens comp & see how you go.

All I was saying was that Ruan had more than one thing in common with Artie. Or would it have been better if I had said that she's unable to play 30 minutes each half because she's really fat?

You must be a really good judge of character; no, I'm not a "f**kwit" at all. Thanks for noticing.

[Note to self. Ignore comments from admin .... unless I'm in the mood to be insulted]