What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights 2019 Team

Yosh

Coach
Wonder if he will get to play rep again... Probably not right? Too many good players ahead of him. Hope he just stays fit and has a long successful career as a Knight!

Knight Vision

First Grade
Wonder if he will get to play rep again... Probably not right? Too many good players ahead of him. Hope he just stays fit and has a long successful career as a Knight!
he's only 22 yrs old. Most kids his age have only just started NRL. Long way to go yet.I'd like to see him stay in 1 position.

Swarzey

Bench
he's only 22 yrs old. Most kids his age have only just started NRL. Long way to go yet.I'd like to see him stay in 1 position.

Its honestly f**king nuts he's only 22. Not just how long it feels like he's been around but also the amount of knocks and niggling injuries hes picked up.

And yeah, hopefully he can actually play a single position and excel in it instead of being shifted around.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Its honestly f**king nuts he's only 22. Not just how long it feels like he's been around but also the amount of knocks and niggling injuries hes picked up.

And yeah, hopefully he can actually play a single position and excel in it instead of being shifted around.
He's only 21 months older than Kyle Fanagan from the Sharks who's only just started first grade.and same age as Ramien.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yep, I think best case scenario he reinvents himself as a dynamic attacking backrower and has a Luke Lewis like impact
If they drop the interchange any further players like Sione will come into their own.Hope they do, I reckon there's too many big men in the game now.

If we could leave in in 1 position and 1 side of the field for a decent length of time we might see the best of him.

Frederick

Staff member
Big call. I like it that the influence of Glasby is mentioned. He's solid but he doesn't stand out like Klemmer. Some of the work he does is motivational and leadership.
I've been pleasantly surprised by Glasby this year. I noticed against the Roosters he's actually got pretty decent footwork. Whenever he got the ball, there was a defender racing up but he would quickly shuffle away from them and make them miss

Burwood

Bench
I’d still like to see some more impact coming from the forwards in attack. Someone who can break a game wide open with an offload or a bust.

Defence is another story. It has been good to see Saifiti start to throw his weight around. Sione, Gavet and Barnett have also been fantastic. There seems to be a lot more intent in the tackle and I guess that comes down to Woolf’s impact.

aqua_duck

Coach
I’d still like to see some more impact coming from the forwards in attack. Someone who can break a game wide open with an offload or a bust.

Defence is another story. It has been good to see Saifiti start to throw his weight around. Sione, Gavet and Barnett have also been fantastic. There seems to be a lot more intent in the tackle and I guess that comes down to Woolf’s impact.
I think the only thing we lack is just a game breaker in the forwards like a Viliami Kikau or a John Bateman

aqua_duck

Coach
So apparently we've upgraded Chris Randall and Kiah Cooper into the top 30 which is interesting. Don't watch nsw cup but one would assume Randall would now be well ahead of Woolford in the pecking order and Cooper has made quite an impression after being abit of an under the radar recruit

slotmachine

First Grade
They can't have put them into the top 30 squad as there is only one spot free. Must be development players.They can play first grade after June 30, along with Fermor, Crossland and Musgrove.

Yosh

Coach
Our two Origin guys were basically the best players on the night. Klem was amazing and NSW lacked any real go forward after he went off. They need to use him better. Like give him 30 mins, rest till 50th minute of the game then let him finish the last 30.

Ponga is too good.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Our two Origin guys were basically the best players on the night. Klem was amazing and NSW lacked any real go forward after he went off. They need to use him better. Like give him 30 mins, rest till 50th minute of the game then let him finish the last 30.

Ponga is too good.
I thought QLD didnt use Ponga very well also....or maybe he could have injected himself better.

Kiddy has a lot to answer for his use of the NSW interchange. Lost momentum with Klemmernator off the field.

Burwood

Bench
I thought QLD didnt use Ponga very well also....or maybe he could have injected himself better.

The match had a very similar feel to our opening 3-4 rounds where Brown tried too hard to get Ponga with his hands on the ball as much as possible and Pearce's role was pretty much to shovel the ball onto Ponga at every opportunity.

It's a bit scary to think how much better QLD would have been if Munster and DCE had a bit more ball and allowed Ponga to chime in on the left when play went there.

Latest posts