What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm only reporting on what I see on Ticketek, and as of now eels supporters, gold clubhouse and restricted view are all sold out. Go have a look

Restricted view only says 'allocation exhausted' because the tickets have not yet been put on sale.

Yep, just like Yosemite Sam has stated, Ticketek is holding restricted view from sale at this stage. They will remove the allocation exhausted tag (and change to available) when and if required.

Categories can go from Exhausted to Available to "limited availability" willy-nilly. Hell, I have even bought a row of 8 tickets in an area that was apparently "single seats only".

Ticketek is very unpredictable at times.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So is this an example of the deceptive type game ticketing companies are playing with customers /fans?
No it is not about deception - they have no need selling the restricted view tickets till fully viewed seats are sold.

Some restricted view seats are right up the back of bays, or frame the stair tunnels, so releasing these before a majority of tickets have sold is pointless. People would be sitting in the top 2 rows behind the posts (using Suncorp as an example) and quite possibly no where else within that bay.

Stallion

First Grade
Yep, just like Yosemite Sam has stated, Ticketek is holding restricted view from sale at this stage. They will remove the allocation exhausted tag (and change to available) when and if required.

Categories can go from Exhausted to Available to "limited availability" willy-nilly. Hell, I have even bought a row of 8 tickets in an area that was apparently "single seats only".

Ticketek is very unpredictable at times.

So is this an example of deceptive sales policy toward customers/fans by ticketing companies! ?

Stallion

First Grade
No - not at all.

Having people sitting all over the stadium when not required just causes more work for stadium staff and will end up costing tenants/ the NRL more.

So it's a placement and staff allocation stance?! The tickets are sold to suit the seller and not the preference of the customer? Is that the aim?

bazza

Immortal
No it is not about deception - they have no need selling the restricted view tickets till fully viewed seats are sold.

Some restricted view seats are right up the back of bays, or frame the stair tunnels, so releasing these before a majority of tickets have sold is pointless. People would be sitting in the top 2 rows behind the posts (using Suncorp as an example) and quite possibly no where else within that bay.
But hey - I really want to pay the same price for a seat that I don't get a good view in

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The restricted view seats aren’t sold at full price. They are left vacant till there is demand for them to be sold.

Currently there is not the demand to release restricted view.

It’s simple. Once full view seats are nearing selling out they will release restricted view. Not sure why you aren’t understanding, Stallion.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I gather that the term 'allocation exhausted' is deceptive. Makes it sound like they are sold out.

Better off being phrased as 'tickets not yet available'

Rooster8

Juniors
The restricted view seats aren’t sold at full price. They are left vacant till there is demand for them to be sold.

Currently there is not the demand to release restricted view.

It’s simple. Once full view seats are nearing selling out they will release restricted view. Not sure why you aren’t understanding, Stallion.
This is the first time I've seen this happen. Every game at the SCG (including the finals last week), the game I went to in Melbourne earlier this year and even the GF last year has restricted view available for sale the day all tickets were released. I understand that this is an NRL initiative, but I see no benefits for holding back the release of restricted view. Who cares if someone wants to sit closer for cheaper and has to look around an obstruction. You have the choice to choose where you sit.