What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Sat - Storm 32-0 Eels @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Storm are a bad matchup for Parra. They won’t get the open free flowing game they want, they’ll have to tough it out which we know they hate. Storm might get a scare but I expect them to win and do it fairly comfortably by 14 or so.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Only one team has gone from wooden-spooners to premiers in consecutive years (magpies in 34)

roosters came close in 10.

I'm on board the parra train.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I just forgot the game earlier this year.

Hmm this will be interesting then. Parra should be motivated, Storm should be feeling confident they can do it again.

Grail

Juniors
The record margin in finals to last only a single week.

Melbourne to score a googol in the first half

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I know it changes all the match ups, I just think if you win a finals game you deserve home ground the following week. Under the old system Parra probably lose to Canberra and end up with an away game anyway.

Yeah but Parra played the 8th placed team and Melbourne played the 4th placed team, so it's not like Parramatta earnt a home final at all this week. You want to earn home finals, finish in the top 4.

GongPanther

Referee
Other minor premiers who lost both finals games and didn't even make the grand final-

Souths 1989;
Roosters 1981; and
Wests 1978.
There couldn't be a more emptier feeling in not advancing past the second week of the finals after getting the minor premiership.

Smack

Coach
I will be wearing my broncos jersey

tenor.gif

Smack

Coach
Yes. 2009. St George-Illawarra Dragons finished as minor premiers due to a better points differential than the Bulldogs. They lost in week 1 to Parramatta 25-12 and then were eliminated in week 2 by Brisbane 24-10.

Previous one to that was Canterbury in 1993. They finished as minor premiers dur to a better points differential than St George. They lost the major semi-final 27-12 to St George and then lost 23-16 in the Preliminary Final to Brisbane.

:mad:

Latest posts