What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NFL Week 2

shiznit

Coach

Nice trade for the Steelers!

Although... with Big Ben being out for the season that 1st round pick may end up pretty f**king valuable.

Eelectrica

Referee
JETS - Just End The Season.
I might be supporting a team that's going winless this year... but at least I'm not a jets fan.

Miami will be back in a couple of years, the Jets will still be the Jets.

Another no.1 draft pick. It's gonna be like Christmas come draft day. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'm 50/50 on the trade, he's a good player, 5th year option as well, but that pick could easily be top a 5-10 selection. They must be confident with where they're heading, a bit misplaced from what they've shown so far I think. Wait and see.

Could be the moves of a GM/coach who know they need results now, Ben or not.

Dream scenario: Rudolph plays amazingly, he's the new franchise QB, trade Roethlisberger to get a 1st back.

dogslife

Coach
trade Roethlisberger to get a 1st back.
giphy.gif

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm 50/50 on the trade, he's a good player, 5th year option as well, but that pick could easily be top a 5-10 selection. They must be confident with where they're heading, a bit misplaced from what they've shown so far I think. Wait and see.

Dream scenario: Rudolph plays amazingly, he's the new franchise QB, trade Roethlisberger to get a 1st back.

Not sure you'd get a first for BR these days...

DC_fan

Coach

Nice trade for the Steelers!

Although... with Big Ben being out for the season that 1st round pick may end up pretty f**king valuable.

A dumb trade for the Steelers. For one thing I don't see Fitzpatrick being worth it. Secondly they just might need that pick to select their qb of the future in next years draft.

Last Week

Bench

Ben would retire before being traded. Wont happen.

jaseg

Juniors
Very surprised they traded this years first with Ben out

I saw a doctor talking about the Tommy John surgery... was saying that often it can take 18 months to fully recover, meaning the Steelers could be without Ben for next season, too. At that point, given he'd be 39 going into the season after... does he even bother? On the flip side, not much question about actually recovering (baseball players often come back with stronger arms than they had before, and failure rates are almost non existent), just a time/age issue.

That said, Rudolph has highly considered by some and could have been a 1st rounder in a different QB class by someone reaching. Steelers might already have their guy, who knows...

DC_fan

Coach
That said, Rudolph has highly considered by some and could have been a 1st rounder in a different QB class by someone reaching. Steelers might already have their guy, who knows...[/QUOTE]

They do. So I suppose that is all that matters.