What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
I wouldn't mind signing bird if not for his arthritis, hes been getting needled to play since he debuted, its on ongoing issue that will be with him forever and will certainly cut his career shorter then it should be.

He was overweight because it stops him from training at times, coming off an ACL injury which he might struggle to rehab properly plus possibly carrying extra weight again(will further pressure his knees) I'd be very wary, hes not long for this league IMO.

betcats

Referee
Bird will never play fullback again, he is going to finish up in the next few years as a limited minutes benchie. Rheumatoid arthritis treatment as was prescribed to my father was medication related to chemo drugs and cortisone shots with are less effective each time you get one.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't mind signing bird if not for his arthritis, hes been getting needled to play since he debuted, its on ongoing issue that will be with him forever and will certainly cut his career shorter then it should be.

He was overweight because it stops him from training at times, coming off an ACL injury which he might struggle to rehab properly plus possibly carrying extra weight again(will further pressure his knees) I'd be very wary, hes not long for this league IMO.

Let Parra or Dogs add him to their castoffs

betcats

Referee
Whoever is faster over 40m is the one we should sign, I suspect its Vunivalu who is a very good player but he is an absolute grub of the highest order on the field, like a Fifita and JWH lovechild.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I did not know this - Gives a good insight in to why he'd look unfit at times

betcats

Referee
I did not know this - Gives a good insight in to why he'd look unfit at times

Yeah he would find it very difficult to maintain his fitness at anywhere near his peak levels, what he has come and goes(diet is a big factor in this) so sometimes he'd be fine and other times he be hobbled like an old man because of inflamed joints. Shame really because he is an out and out footballer.

Not so sure. People get blinded by the tries and being from Melbourne. Oates all round game is better but can't really lose either one

A few years ago Oates was saying he wanted big money, wanted to try the second row. I actually think people a wary Melbourne making players look better than they are.

All we really need is someone that knows there way to the tryline.

OldPanther

Coach
Not so sure. People get blinded by the tries and being from Melbourne. Oates all round game is better but can't really lose either one

I despise the guessing game and info shared with an inner circle thing (nothing against you personally, I like you a lot) but I do have to say why a second rower? It's our position with the most players and probably some of our better players. Even fan favourite Yeo will be pushed into the middle because of this.

A few years ago Oates was saying he wanted big money, wanted to try the second row. I actually think people a wary Melbourne making players look better than they are.

All we really need is someone that knows there way to the tryline.

Oates is a very good winger, big, strong, deceptively quick and one of the best finishers. I think you're right and people are starting to be cautious about Storm players who leave the system.

Oates is a very good winger, big, strong, deceptively quick and one of the best finishers. I think you're right and people are starting to be cautious about Storm players who leave the system.

I’d probably prefer Oates too, but really we need a centre before a winger. So once that money is spent there’s less for the wing.

Naden can do a pretty good job for us on the wing if we miss out on one.

OldPanther

Coach
I’d probably prefer Oates too, but really we need a centre before a winger. So once that money is spent there’s less for the wing.

Naden can do a pretty good job for us on the wing if we miss out on one.

That's what I thought would happen with Mansour being out and Crichton being promoted. Naden reminds me of Oates, Fergo style of player a bit.

franklin2323

Immortal
I despise the guessing game and info shared with an inner circle thing (nothing against you personally, I like you a lot) but I do have to say why a second rower? It's our position with the most players and probably some of our better players. Even fan favourite Yeo will be pushed into the middle because of this.

We have promising backrowers but who is actually established? Yeo is better as a lock. JFH and Martin are better front rowers then edge guys. The Broncos and Tigers games are 2 that stick out where our edges were poor. Get older guys in fix that while the others develop

OldPanther

Coach
We have promising backrowers but who is actually established? Yeo is better as a lock. JFH and Martin are better front rowers then edge guys. The Broncos and Tigers games are 2 that stick out where our edges were poor. Get older guys in fix that while the others develop

I figured Martin would go into the second row with Yeo into the middle.

franklin2323

Immortal
I figured Martin would go into the second row with Yeo into the middle.

He was shown up a few times in defence though has a great technique and hits hard but gets lost reading the play sometimes. I think he will be off the bench no doubt we will have injuries so he will get his chance or every month when JWH is suspended.

maple_69

Bench
I’d peg Yeo and Martin as better wider. Yeo trundles over the advantage line wide with a bit of space but gets stopped in his tracks in the middle. He’s also a useful vacuum in defence. Martin I think has suffered from our poor structured play as all edge players have. It’s rare that we get any of them the ball with space or the formation around them to cause indecision in defence.

Whoever we get up front needs an offload.

Status
Not open for further replies.