What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

The Village - M. Night Shitmoron

I recorded this thinking it was something else which I saw recommended on “Half in the bag”.

After about 40 minutes of pus I hit the “info” button and saw it was Shamalon. Urgh. I was already committed and stuck it out.

What a f**ken waste of time, piece of shit that was.

I give zero spuds. Actually, I’m taking a few spuds to throw at Shaymashit if I ever cross paths with him. :rage:

axl rose

Bench
It Part 2 - preferred part 1, this was just a bit too long and had too many jokes stuffed into it which took away from it ever being that terrifying.

The humor was in the wrong place when it needed to be serious. I agree it went far to long and felt like it ended 5 times. Repetitive in the middle and went for to many jump scares that didnt work. They also used the best scene (in the apartment) in the trailer. Disappointing sequel. 5/10

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
maxresdefault-970x545.jpg

The Dark Crystal 1982 NETFLIX I've havent watched it for a long time, What a movie...

Springs09

Juniors
Finally saw the Lion King. Tries to be too similar yet too different at the same time. Either remake it shot for shot or go your own way. Some scenes were exactly the same except for a different line delivery or the music was a little different so it just felt off.
Facial animations and voice syncing were awful, no emotions whatsoever. Songs were simply lesser versions of the originals. Beyonce sounded ridiculous.
4/10

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Recently re-watched United 93 with September 11 being the past week.
If you can watch films about real life, this actually was quite good.

Obviously no one really knows how accurate it is and there are a couple of minor gripes - every character seems to mention their kids and this is before the shit hits the fan.

There are subtle things done incredibly well, like for example the passengers don't call each other by names (as they are all strangers on a plane...)

If you can handle sensitive material/topics then it's worth watching

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The humor was in the wrong place when it needed to be serious. I agree it went far to long and felt like it ended 5 times. Repetitive in the middle and went for to many jump scares that didnt work. They also used the best scene (in the apartment) in the trailer. Disappointing sequel. 5/10
I saw it in gold class in brisbane with the majority of the full cinema meeting at the very nice pub downstairs. When thaf apartment started no less than half of the cinema including me got up and ran to the urinals already seeing the whole scene in fhe trailer

axl rose

Bench
I saw it in gold class in brisbane with the majority of the full cinema meeting at the very nice pub downstairs. When thaf apartment started no less than half of the cinema including me got up and ran to the urinals already seeing the whole scene in fhe trailer
Yeah they give away so much these days but i find it hard to stop watching trailers.

Springs09

Juniors

The scene is great until you get to the part the trailer cuts away from. Awful CGI troll thing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Toy Story 4. - Enjoyable but nowhere near as good as it's predecessors. I'm sure they will find a new franchise to begin again with.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Finally got to see Palm Beach before it ended it run at the theatres, the first part of the film I was scratching my head with such a great Australian cast of talent I couldn't find anything I liked about most of the characters but as the movie unfolded you come to realise the reasons why the people were like they were, human, skeletons in the closets, faults all to be seen, self indulgence, cancer, mental illness, regrets and aging and the characters were suddenly totally relatable , in the end I really enjoyed the movie, Greta Scacchi and Heather Mitchell were excellent and the movie enhanced the beauty of Palm Beach and Pittwater.

PJ

First Grade
Tolkien. If you are a fan of the books then worth a watch. If not skip it. 7.5 as a fan.

Dark Phoenix. Not as bad as I was expecting, but plays almost every tired old comic book film trope. Tries too hard at some places by changing characters motives, but fails. Totally unmemorable with exception of how bad this is considering it has McEvoy, Fassbender, Hoult and Lawrence in it. Possibly explained by an actress of very limited, if any, talent in the title role. 3.5

Long Shot. Much better than expected. Enjoyable and very funny at times. Trailer didn't do it justice. 8.5

T-Boon

Coach
Saw It2, I didn't hate it, but I agreed with the abovementioned criticisms. Too long, too many fake endings.
I liked the cast involved especially seeing Ziggy from The Wire season 2. I thought his acting career started and ended with that role.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Robin Hood (2018). Terrible. Tries to emulate Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur but fails hopelessly. 1st 20mins was made to look like a modern war movie which is just a dumb idea for a period movie. Only supposed to be one of those dumb, fun movies but ended up as just dumb.

Matua

Bench
Robin Hood (2018). Terrible. Tries to emulate Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur but fails hopelessly. 1st 20mins was made to look like a modern war movie which is just a dumb idea for a period movie. Only supposed to be one of those dumb, fun movies but ended up as just dumb.
I thought it was better and more fun than King Arthur ... but I did watch it on a plane, so captive audience and all that.

Reactions: PJ

mackdadday

Juniors
Long Shot. Pretty easy and fun watch. Charlize Theron is hotter than i remembered. Seth and his online video in it :D

Reactions: PJ

Latest posts