What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 vs. Parramatta Eels Discussion

League guru

Juniors
Anyone who can tackle, Milford probably shouldn't have been moved, can't blame him
Yeh, your right he shouldn't have moved them. Milford was killing them when he was at 6. Oh, and you did say anyone that can tackle, so that rules Milford out again.

Nerd

Bench
Honestly, I think it was the best thing to happen. No false sense of where we are in relation to any other team in the NRL. No excuses left after that. Now we will really see what Seibold is made of.
In hindsight your probably right. With that hiding there can be no excuses made to keep Boyd and McCullough in the side.

League guru

Juniors
In hindsight your probably right. With that hiding there can be no excuses made to keep Boyd and McCullough in the side.
I think there was more then 2 bad players on Sunday. Same as there has been more then 2 bad players all season.
It is interesting that Glenn who actually has a dig, is required to play out of position at centre, is fighting to stay at the club and will have to accept unders to stay, when there are so many highly payed players turning it up.
Next resigning will be Oates, who has also done nothing this year.

Nerd

Bench
I think there was more then 2 bad players on Sunday. Same as there has been more then 2 bad players all season.
It is interesting that Glenn who actually has a dig, is required to play out of position at centre, is fighting to stay at the club and will have to accept unders to stay, when there are so many highly payed players turning it up.
Next resigning will be Oates, who has also done nothing this year.
I agree there were more than two bad players on Sunday. But our attack has been ordinary and disorganised all year and these two being the most experienced in our spine have and especially in Boyds case been consistently below average all year.
Oates did finish the season as Brisbane's top try scorer with 13 tries so didn't go too bad. Saying that, to me he looks like a second rower playing on the wing and should be tried in the back row at some stage. Alex Glenn has been a great stalwart for the club but now at the end of his career he needs either to accept taking a pay cut or moving on. After Sunday hopefully the Broncos management have seen the error in paying overs for veterans.

Big Pete

Referee
That last ten minutes was some of the worst football I've ever seen from any NRL side. 12 years ago, Parramatta put on a similar scoreline against Brisbane, but at least on that occassion, a lot of it was individual brilliance and pieces of good fortune. On Sunday, players were just barging over, running through gaps and scoring off their own bombs. Brisbane just stopped playing and it turned a 34-0 embarrassment into a 58-0 disgrace that has got the club scrambling.

There's some obvious issues with the side. They've got players out of position, they're lacking in key areas and there's very few players who would come into the reckoning for Australian selection. However, the deeper concern and the Broncos biggest issue of the past few seasons has been their defence. The first contact is trash, line-speed is virtually non-existent and their reads are dire. Even in technical aspects like kick defusal, Brisbane are one of the worst in the competition and just keep putting themselves under pressure.

The only positive was Payne Haas who led both the run and tackle stats for the Broncos and did a few extras on the afternoon. Everybody else just let the afternoon get the better of them.

A horrible end to a horrible season really.