What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What the Michigan football program did was give away a lot of free tickets so that the crowd was capacity. They had done research that showed people want to attend events that have big/capacity crowds. So a few years worth of heaps of free tickets bought decades of sold out capacity crowds.
I mean, I assume that the NRL clubs have done this kind of research themselves because we all know they leave no stone unturned.

Tbf, as soon as the ARLC hired a few consultant firms to do market research, the fans went ballistic about wasting money.

“We already know what the problems are. We dont need to spend millions of some fancy lawyer to tell me what i already know. I go be my gut. Grrmmmmhhhhh”

Jamberoo

Juniors
AFL has a ballot for their GF, we have 2 for 1 lol
Yes my wife was amazed that we could buy unlimited tickets during September in 2017 and take the whole family to the Storm GF. Last year she missed the Collingwood ballot and paid $1,500 for a corporate ticket that included a brunch (she skipped the brunch). AFL has had a ballot system since they reduced the MCG capacity from over 110k to 100k in 1992.
Not sure how NRL can create the same demand. SOO will always be the hotter ticket.

Stallion

First Grade
In what. Or shouldn’t I ask.

Lol. You tossers! Wouldn't matter having a degree or two with the standard in some of the discourse on this site. Sometimes I'm humored but unfortunately shocked alot at some of the thinking. But that's what a discourse is about I suppose. SORRY. You Guys Look up "DISCOURSE " .That will help I hope. Perhaps not? You need to know how to use a dictionary! :relaxed:

thorson1987

Coach
The US college football dept operating costs would be huge for a top college team compared to the costs of most NRL clubs. Michigan for example pay their head coach $9.5million a year (Aus) and operate on an expenditure budget of about $47million (Aus) compared to most NRL clubs on around $26million (Aus).

Filling the stadium certainly worked for them, they now rake in around $58million (Aus) in gate takings a year, about 50% of total revenue.

Source:https://www.mlive.com/news/2016/08/michigan_college_football_cost.html

The football departments (and basketball) of colleges also subsidise all other sports at the schools so the smaller sports can still offer scholarships and such.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Yes my wife was amazed that we could buy unlimited tickets during September in 2017 and take the whole family to the Storm GF. Last year she missed the Collingwood ballot and paid $1,500 for a corporate ticket that included a brunch (she skipped the brunch). AFL has had a ballot system since they reduced the MCG capacity from over 110k to 100k in 1992.
Not sure how NRL can create the same demand. SOO will always be the hotter ticket.
Thats quite sad of the NRL...like any twats in politics and TV these bastards need to be purged.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
NRL selling tickets in cat one areas for price of cat two - specifically section 77, which was empty v the raiders. See photo.

Attachments

• 10AB4C7F-C0D7-4ACA-A7B4-5DB436BAF9F2.jpeg
    10AB4C7F-C0D7-4ACA-A7B4-5DB436BAF9F2.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 13

ACTPanthers

Bench
Lol. You tossers! Wouldn't matter having a degree or two with the standard in some of the discourse on this site. Sometimes I'm humored but unfortunately shocked alot at some of the thinking. But that's what a discourse is about I suppose. SORRY. You Guys Look up "DISCOURSE " .That will help I hope. Perhaps not? You need to know how to use a dictionary! :relaxed:

I have a Degree... and a Masters for that matter. I'm also currently completing a pHD in Creative Writing. But please, continue to act smarter than everyone else on this forum. It's actually quite entertaining for the most part...

Slater1

Juniors

The irony of someone mocking the intelligence of the members of LU and in the same post using the most commonly incorrectly used phrase in the English language.

alot is NOT a word!

Maybe you should take your own advice Stallion.

Slater1

Juniors

I wonder if it's because outside of corporate tickets it's not possible to buy AFL Grand Final tickets in advance?

Would limiting the sale of the NRL Grand Final tickets to the week of the show; ensuring that the crowd already knows who is in the Grand Final when they are buying tickets assist in selling out the Grand Final? Or would it do the reverse due to the lack of 'attendance culture' in Sydney?

Stallion

First Grade
I have a Degree... and a Masters for that matter. I'm also currently completing a pHD in Creative Writing. But please, continue to act smarter than everyone else on this forum. It's actually quite entertaining for the most part...

Lol. Chest beating!? You wouldn't know! I have a Masters as well but haven't chest beated this fact. I weakened!

ACTPanthers

Bench
Lol. Chest beating!? You wouldn't know! I have a Masters as well but haven't chest beated this fact. I weakened!
Chest beating? You're the one that's brought up your so called "education" in past threads on this very forum. This is actually the first time I've ever disclosed the fact I have a Degree or Masters, which was in response to your post that insinuated you're smarter than the rest of the members of LU. If that's not the definition of chest beating then I don't know what is to be honest...

Last edited: