What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tbh, I find David Fifita over-rated.

Yes, he breaks tackles - but that's all he really does well that gets people talking.

Matterson may not break tackles like Fifita, but he's a big lad, with heaps of skill, and speed - he's a pretty good like-for-like replacement for Ma'u.

Yes, he breaks tackles - but that's all he really does well that gets people talking.

Matterson may not break tackles like Fifita, but he's a big lad, with heaps of skill, and speed - he's a pretty good like-for-like replacement for Ma'u.

You'd pay Ma'u 500k? I quite like Matterson, but he's not a superstar and who knows when he'll decide he's bigger than the coach next time.

Fifita is 19 years old.

Avenger

Immortal
Fifita could end up like a another Kelepi or Pauli Pauli who were both talked about as future origin players. I’d take him but not at a price higher than our currently most highest paid player (Moses).

Was gutted when he left us. If we can get him back it would be great. Not saying he is as good as Jason Smith but def has a similar style. Players like Matterson get better with age.

Pazza

First Grade
If we cant get matto, maybe we just stick Taka in the number 12? Not a huge difference between centres and edge forwards these days.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Defensively there's a big difference, your edge forward's job is to protect your half, (or at worst limit his workload ) . as well as working hard on the inside for your pigs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Jack Bird is cleared medically, he would be a good option to make an offer to the broncos and get another player paid for by another club.

He wouId be a good option for the vacant edge spot. He also offers our pack another body shape which is different.

And Bird can break tackles.
The only thing he breaks is his own body, he’s done.

He’s on 900k, why help the merkins?? Let them stew in a shit of their own making.

hindy111

Post Whore
They did release RCG,BLAKE,DWZ. I am sure they paying some for RCG but not others.
The Maloney thing seems suss. But he is off too UK.

We have had to upgrade Sivo,Mahoney,Brown,Gutherson.

Blake just took Normies money really.

We also downgraded MJ.
Signed RCG

But lost Hoff,Bevans,Mannah,Manu,Tepai and maybe Gower. Maybe I left someone out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They did release RCG,BLAKE,DWZ. I am sure they paying some for RCG but not others.
The Maloney thing seems suss. But he is off too UK.

We have had to upgrade Sivo,Mahoney,Brown,Gutherson.

Blake just took Normies money really.

We also downgraded MJ.
Signed RCG

But lost Hoff,Bevans,Mannah,Manu,Tepai and maybe Gower. Maybe I left someone out.
They are chipping in for RCG, Blake and probably DWZ as well. Penrith are an absolute shambles, Cleary gave them the full AMBUSH!!

Let go Sivo and signed Old man Sauce on 500k lol.

hindy111

Post Whore
No I doubt it. More clubs would been interested in Blake and DWZ as both where in good form.
RCG was a special case. He was playing terrible

Eelementary

Post Whore
You'd pay Ma'u 500k? I quite like Matterson, but he's not a superstar and who knows when he'll decide he's bigger than the coach next time.

Fifita is 19 years old.

I never said any of that.

Yes, Fifita is 19 - and will be demanding $650,000.

That is seemingly ok, but paying $500,000 for a fringe Origin player with more than one string to his bow is crazy?

Ok, then...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No I doubt it. More clubs would been interested in Blake and DWZ as both where in good form.
RCG was a special case. He was playing terrible
Penrith we’re paying them massive overs as well, why would we take them of their hands at full freight??? Your Info has dried up our Penrith way when your Squeeze got shown the door.