What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 final v Storm

Eelogical

Referee
Tips

Gus in his podcast tipped the Eels.

In the Freddy and the Eight vodcast, Joey tipped the Eels. Freddy tipped Storm.
Freddy is the only one out of those three who's opinion I'd respect. However, I'm going with Gus and Joey.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gus and Joey think we will win by slowing them down and getting into the grind. Freddy thinks we will piss it away by trying to play open football.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure why it has been suggested you either grind or play expansion footy.

I reckon we can do both.

I see grinding, as us completing our sets without errors and kicking well.

However during our sets we still play our normally attacking game. That is normally a few offloads in our own half, occasional set play and go the short side if we have an over lap.

We don’t play that adventurous coming out of our own half. It’s just when we do get an offload away we are very good at the receiver spreading it wide where there is potentially an over lap.

Also with “grinding” we need to be patient attacking their line. Try to get a drop out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Gus and Joey think we will win by slowing them down and getting into the grind. Freddy thinks we will piss it away by trying to play open football.

Despite a couple of losses, our defence has been sublime last 7 weeks. No one has managed to score more than two tries in that period. So going the grind we will be fine, Doubt Storm are gonna try anything razzle dazzle .

Guys like Alvara and Tepai have stepped up big time last couple of weeks. Throw in meanies NBrown, Lane , Mau'u, Paulo and the return of Kane Evans I see no reason why our forwards cant at least match theirs.

At home Gold Coast led the Storm at half time, they lost to the raiders twice recently. Munster may not be 100%, their wingers are not playing with confidence

It was 0-0 after 12min v Broncos before hell broke out. We may need to go 0-0 for 30min this time before trying to cut loose

One thing in our favour is the support at the ground, there will be huge Parra support, something the Storm wont be used to at their home ground. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was 50-50

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not sure why it has been suggested you either grind or play expansion footy.

I reckon we can do both.

I see grinding, as us completing our sets without errors and kicking well.

However during our sets we still play our normally attacking game. That is normally a few offloads in our own half, occasional set play and go the short side if we have an over lap.

We don’t play that adventurous coming out of our own half. It’s just when we do get an offload away we are very good at the receiver spreading it wide where there is potentially an over lap.

Also with “grinding” we need to be patient attacking their line. Try to get a drop out.
Grinding is a shit word. I should have chosen a different one. I am just referring to expansive v direct.

You cant beat Melbourne playing like them. They are too good at it. You have to play your own game and play it very well. We should have beaten them in 2017. And if everyone remembers we played a good mix that day. If it was for the refs we would have gone through