What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Sat - Storm 32-0 Eels @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
It was due to the Bulldogs having 14 players for 5 seconds against Penrith and losing 2 points lol.
The 5 seconds in which they scored the winning try.
Storm also came relatively close in 2011, weird period of time that
Doesn't count. Storm would have run 5th on the number of games they won.

Both the 2009 Roosters and last year's Eels had made the top 4 the previous year. It was the wooden spoon year that was the aberration.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If the eels wanted a home game they should have won more games. I would be salty if we finished 4th and lost to the storm and had to travel to Sydney because Parra gave a hiding to the broncos in their downtime from the teams main gig of sinking money into the pokies

Bandwagon

Staff member
If the eels wanted a home game they should have won more games. I would be salty if we finished 4th and lost to the storm and had to travel to Sydney because Parra gave a hiding to the broncos in their downtime from the teams main gig of sinking money into the pokies

Or as it turned out, shoulda lost to Manly and ended up on better side of the draw.

Mind you, that'd have meant we wouldn't have got the result we got on the weekend, which made my season. If we go down to the Storm, us Eels fan will always have the replay against the Donkeys to watch to ease the pain.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or as it turned out, shoulda lost to Manly and ended up on better side of the draw.

Mind you, that'd have meant we wouldn't have got the result we got on the weekend, which made my season. If we go down to the Storm, us Eels fan will always have the replay against the Donkeys to watch to ease the pain.
It will be like a never ending supply of lube.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
tenor.gif
AnYtHiNg BuT MeLbOurNe

SDM

First Grade
Parra just have to target the edges.

Addo-Carr - lost the game for his team last week
Olam - average
Chambers - shit
Vunivalaids - overrated grub, possibly less coordinated than Ravalololol

TheFrog

Coach
Souths 89. Lost to Balmain and Raiders.
Not only that, the 2nd placed side (Panthers) lost to Balmain and Raiders too.

Has a minor premier ever gone out in straight sets before? Surely not one as dominant as the storm have been this year

Souths in '89 were 9 points clear of the eventual premiers after 22 rounds, and 8 clear of the runners up. Something went seriously wrong in late '89 because they were well beaten by both, and got the spoon the following year. They would not make the finals again until 2007.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Something went seriously wrong in late '89 because they were well beaten by both, and got the spoon the following year. They would not make the finals again until 2007.
Was it the Souths wing Ross Harrington who had a complete brain meltdown when the Raiders kicked towards him, and he fluffed it every time? I think he got hooked well before HT.

Was it the Souths wing Ross Harrington who had a complete brain meltdown when the Raiders kicked towards him, and he fluffed it every time? I think he got hooked well before HT.

Edited: You were correct. I was thinking of Steve Mavin but his was in 1987.

He had a shocker against the Raiders in the 1987 semis. He went so bad he was replaced during the first half. He felt so bad about his performance he left the ground at halftime and watched the second half of the game on TV at the Cauliflower Hotel in Redfern.

As to 1989, part of Souths problem was they kept picking Ian Roberts to play after he'd comeback cold from a 17 week layoff due to a major injury (iirc groin) and the kid who'd played his spot andd one well whilst he was out, Mark Lyons, was left out of their first finals game against Balmain. Lyons was the selected on the reserves bench against Canberra. It completely disrupted the team's chemistry as Ian Roberts was nowhere near match fit.

Last edited: