What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack bird??

nontime111

Juniors
Bird and Lomax would kill it for us at centre!
hed spark up being back in the red V!
specially with FLANNO!! please footy gods make it real.....or at least damn well get Curtis Scott if not the Birdman!! but we NEED to sign one good centre...but must get rid of Aitken and Laughi or they WILL be picked...

The calm one

Juniors
Bird and Lomax would kill it for us at centre!
hed spark up being back in the red V!
specially with FLANNO!! please footy gods make it real.....or at least damn well get Curtis Scott if not the Birdman!! but we NEED to sign one good centre...but must get rid of Aitken and Laughi or they WILL be picked...
No bird is coming here. The bird blew the coup years ago

Bench
I believe there was a lot of friction between his father and our club. No way we should think of bringing him back, big ego and small brain

FlameThrower

Bench
Jack Bird - too much too soon and took the big money to Broncos wanted out before season started, ate all the Big Macs in town, go injured, never to be seen again.
Looks like another promising career waisted away.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Jack Bird - too much too soon and took the big money to Broncos wanted out before season started, ate all the Big Macs in town, go injured, never to be seen again.

I don't think it's a promising career wasted. I think it's more a case of a young bloke who's achieved everything he wanted in the game, and no longer having the same motivation.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Lol.

We are about 4 years late. The time to get him in the side was back in 2015 when we could have given him a rookie contract. WIthin 3 years, he had won a comp, rookie of the year and played Origin whilst at Cronulla.

Instead, we deemed Dylan Farrell and Dane Nielsen superior centres and decided to make Euan Aitken our boom rookie instead.

FMD.

Very much the same as when we decided Mitch Rein was a better option for us than Damien Cook.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He is the Dugan/Packer type signing. If he comes good in 2 years will pi$$ off and join another for bigger dollars. Saint will help him get back to best and they will get sweet FA. If not he will be a dud and injury prone. Looks like a very arrogant player. Was great when he was at Cronulla but after his great season when they won the comp his ego just took over.

Curtis Scott maybe the better option.

I can't believe Saints did not tyr and sign Feki from the Sharks and he is now gone to the ESL. He would have been a solid buy for Saints. I rate him as a good winger. Better than Rava, Pearson or Maranta.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I can't believe Saints did not tyr and sign Feki from the Sharks and he is now gone to the ESL. He would have been a solid buy for Saints. I rate him as a good winger. Better than Rava, Pearson or Maranta.

And that the just emphasizes what we have become. When Feki is a better prospect than 3 of your wingers, you really know just how shit you are.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Remember that Jack Bird suffers badly from Rheumatoid Arthritis and has to have expensive injections to cope with the pain and inflammation that goes with the condition. These injections are very expensive and I would imagine he would need to live a disciplined lifestyle-very difficult for a young man with a high profile footy career.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Sounds like Bird is bound for the Panthers to replace Maloney as 5/8 according to rumour. No need to worry as he won't be coming to the Dragons.

Latest posts