What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns Podcast

For real. Not making accusations, but when I was watching I was like 'what has this guy taken'

Most would know he’s had history and tough times in the past. Even opened up about it earlier in the year on the MJ podcast show, brave stuff. He struck me as really being on his two feet this year in the media but that was car crash stuff to watch.. genuinely concerned.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I jumped on this thread after watching tonight just to see if anyone else noticed or if I was imagining things, I struggled to listen to the conversations because Finchy was all over the place, he barely sat still the whole hour. He constantly played with the program in front of him and was continually drinking (water).
Fingers crossed he’s just a bit tired from a busy season, would hate to see him fall off the wagon after coming so far in the last couple of years.

Incorrect

Coach
Just watching the episode now and after only 1 minute 36 seconds in there's no doubt something ain't right with Finchy. Fidgeting like f**k, looks all over the place.

I'm a fan of the Matty John's podcast, but from what I've seen in the first 90 seconds, this one will make for hard watching...

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I watched it last night and I was concerned for him , didn't look right especially when you compared him to Kent who was sitting still and tight lipped

Incorrect

Coach
Interestingly, I didn't get to finish watching it on the train on the way to work this morning, and looking on Kayo now to resume, the episode is no longer there.... Only last week's ep from what I can find...

no name

Coach
Interestingly, I didn't get to finish watching it on the train on the way to work this morning, and looking on Kayo now to resume, the episode is no longer there.... Only last week's ep from what I can find...
I was just about to write that.
No longer available for viewing l, still available as a podcast from what I can see.

Incorrect

Coach
On to the actual podcast itself... FMD Paul Kent talks shit.

Last night - "Parramatta need to start the game fast against the Storm to be any chance. I haven't seen Parramatta start a game slowly and work their way back and win"

Ummm, hello dipshit?? 10 nil down v the Dogs Round 2, ended up winning
First time V Dragons down 14-nil, ended up winning
Down 16 nil v the Raiders, ended up winning....

And neither of the other 2 clowns call him out...

Headless Chook

Juniors
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s no secret he’s been battling some major demons and it’s easy to forget to take meds or for things to get out of whack quickly. He definitely wasn’t “right” though.

He’s also too quick to downplay his achievements and portray himself as the party animal every chance he gets, which is really boring now. I actually think he was a more than decent player and has some RL smarts about him in the commentary space that others can only dream of (Anasta, I’m looking at you).

I hope it’s a one-off because I think he offers plenty and it’d be a shame for him to waste it.

Incorrect

Coach
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s no secret he’s been battling some major demons and it’s easy to forget to take meds or for things to get out of whack quickly. He definitely wasn’t “right” though.

He’s also too quick to downplay his achievements and portray himself as the party animal every chance he gets, which is really boring now. I actually think he was a more than decent player and has some RL smarts about him in the commentary space that others can only dream of (Anasta, I’m looking at you).

I hope it’s a one-off because I think he offers plenty and it’d be a shame for him to waste it.
Yep, while he wasn't the most naturally gifted player, one thing never in question was his effort every game he played. Got the most out whatever ability he had. Sounds like he trained hard, took his job seriously...