What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awards Night

Loose Cannon

Bench
Absolute joke.

Barnett had a decent back-end to the season in a team of pathetic Darius’. Klemmer should have polled top two in every game he played.

Typifies this club to a T.

Just an extension of all the usual spin-doctoring from players before every game.

“We know what we need to do this week.”

“Our fans deserve better.”

This club is exposing itself as clueless on every level.

Everybody gets a trophy.

I can’t even contemplate how they could think the public would accept the narrative they are presenting.

Embarrassing.

PhilGould

Bench
Not in the top 10? Good one.
Klemmer, Watson, Hunt, Ponga, Pearce, Glasby, SKD - there's 8 that I would have comfortably ahead of Barnett this season.

Barnett is with the likes of DSaf, Herman, Fitzgibbon, Lino, Levi as either bog average or too inconsistent, and I don't even think he's a standout in that group.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Klemmer, Watson, Hunt, Ponga, Pearce, Glasby, SKD - there's 8 that I would have comfortably ahead of Barnett this season.

Barnett is with the likes of DSaf, Herman, Fitzgibbon, Lino, Levi as either bog average or too inconsistent, and I don't even think he's a standout in that group.

To be fair I would argue that Barnett was more consistent than Pearce and Ponga this year. Obviously his highlights reel won’t be as pretty as theirs and his ceiling as a player is much lower but he played pretty well for a longer patch imo and I also felt that his effort was there more consistently than those two.

I definitely feel that Klemmer should have won the award, followed by guys like Hunt and SKD.

mozza91

Coach
I’d go:
1-Klemmer
2-Barnett
3-Hunt
4-Watson
5-SKD

Pearce and Ponga playing good 1 out of every 4 games rules them out. Glasby offers about half as much as Barnett does.

Knight Vision

First Grade

Barny had an outstanding season. He may not be the fastest, strongest or best in the NRL in his position but I'd argue without a doubt we'd be playing finals footy if everyone in our team played as consistently hard as he did and with as much passion as he did this season.

Burwood

Bench
Barny had an outstanding season. He may not be the fastest, strongest or best in the NRL in his position but I'd argue without a doubt we'd be playing finals footy if everyone in our team played as consistently hard as he did and with as much passion as he did this season.

You pretty much just described Klemmer.

Buts it’s great that Barnett won, because he’s a local and a battler. May as well give King the medal for 2020 now.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You pretty much just described Klemmer.

Buts it’s great that Barnett won, because he’s a local and a battler. May as well give King the medal for 2020 now.
You could argue Klemmer is the best in his position. I would have gone for Klemmer personally......but maybe there is more to the story? Maybe behind the scenes Barny was more deserving ?

Who chooses the medal anyway ? Head Coach only?

Spot On

Coach
As mystifying as Brown's continued selection of 5 utilities in out top 17.

How da f**k does the club arrive at these decisions?

mozza91

Coach
This has really cut everyone deeply.

We’ll never be competitive if Barnett is in our strongest 17 right?

Latest posts