What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
While we're talking about priorities for the squad, why are we talking about needing to shift Mansour on? He had a crap first few months, spent a few weeks in reggies and came back a very good player. It was pretty clearly a confidence issue, so why don't we give him some and tell him the wing spots are for him and Brian's to lose in 2020. Keep Naden/MWZ as backup and buy some centres, forwards and a backup half.

I think Mansour was partially victim of the guys inside him being ordinary but at some stage we will need a winger that offers more then he can give

franklin2323

Immortal
The Lurker says "Alex Twal and Matt Prior" are our potential signings. Fook me, we are a shit club at times. Matt Prior is 33 next year and averaged 88m a game last year.

Alex Twal averages 107m a game and has good defence but he is decidedly average. I hope he is coming for a very reasonable salary.

The Lurker reckons RCG was on $800k for five years and we are subsidising $150k a year. The club thinks he isn't worth $650k so they would rather buy another prop with that money. I guess that depends on what the current market rate is. What do you get for $650k at prop in 2019?

Are Twal and Prior coming for the combined amount? Better defence from Twal, fewer metres than RCG from either of them, but more depth. Does this make sense to anybody besides Dave's mate?

Twal is a yes for me. Prior no because he offers nothing after the 1st stint.

$150k will be cancelled out by the cap rises. If that is all it was then it is a good decision

franklin2323

Immortal
He is too flat all the time.

As Franklin allued too both Waqa and Naden are woeful passers so that didnt help him but Mansour was stuffing up those support plays by being too flat or overruning IMO.

Easy fix is take a step or 2 back and run on to it.

Crichton didn't do much when in his place so I am on the fence here. Long term to be a top team Mansour can't be part of the side but can't blame it all entirely on him

betcats

Referee
You clearly are bothered, rather than just critiquing my idea you accused me of only bringing it up because I just “want to criticise”

Accused lol be less dramatic, that was me disagreeing with you, not every difference of opinion is someone having a go at you herbert.

You simplify things to much IMO thats why we disagree so much, one look at Mattersons stats and you think he wouldnt improve our attack very much...like really? You are that confident in a basic statistical breakdown you can jump to that opinion. You see the middle rotation as our biggest need and the most obvious way to strenghen the middle rotation is sign the best prop available. But if the most obvious answer was always the right one than anyone could run the recruitment and retention. Think outside the box a little bit, rather than making everything black and white, if signing matterson improves our attack and allows us to strengthen the middle by moving a forward we have here already are we not better off?

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Kikau? Maloney? Fish? To'O!!!!!!!!
We've got plenty of fan favorites,
parra only had Sivo this year, who was the fans cheering last year?

Gutherson....
Sure they are good players but cult heroes who kids wna see? JFH and Maloney are not that.
Kikau maybe at a stretch.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lol your club is probably the worst run in the comp

No not since the new board.
2017 on has been great. A 4th and 5th finish is great. And perhaps the best young spine in comp and a healthy salary cap.
I like Panthers. My 2nd team but a mess. The coaching fiasco and paying guys to play at other clubs is a mess.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Parramatta, they do stay active in the market. They've got a terrible history making an inordinate amount of poor signings but at least they give it a go.

It is one thing we need to focus on again as Hindy said.

Fergo,Sivo,Lane,Jnr,Blake turned us from wooden spoon to 5th.
Need to always signs players.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy is a fat loser, and a flopper, that eats mint slices all day, and wastes all his money on the queen of the nile.
We don't need advice from pawwadontmatta geniuss, ask them how many wooden spoons they have, the highest in the current teams =14.
3 of them in the past 7 seasons.
Here's a fact, these specials got the wooden spoon the first they started 1947, a number they wear on back of their jersey. another fact, 1908 Cumberland was the team in the area parramatta is now, also wooden spooners the 1st year ever in ARL.
They might be all finals happy now, but after they choke, they'll be collecting more spoons, hopefully if the tigers can finally get their sh!t together in the near future, they can own western sydney, enough that we won't need another team at bankwest

Why personally attack me?
I was giving my advice what I reckon the clubs needs. It's good to produce talented young juniors. You get value from them. But when they want the big pay day that's when you need to know which ones to keep and which ones to say BYE to. Then replace them with another Jnr and get good value.
Like have with Too.

The mistakes where

RCG,DWZ,MANSOUR....When they held club to ransom they should of said BYE.Same goes for N.Cleary. If he is on 1 mill he should of been let go. Just not worth it.
Blake I would of kept personally along with Peachey.
No idea who was looking after recruiting but they left a mess.

hindy111

Post Whore
That is it for me. I see try scoring as a must.

Leinu was ave over 200m a game in NSW Cup. Leota with extended gametime was decent enough. JFH was player of the year. Tamou wasn't far behind stats wise. Still have Hetherington too and Martin can play prop. Flegg have some decent props too that might be right to go at the end of the year.

But where does the points scoring come from? We lose Maloney's 20 tries he produced and were 80-100 points short of where the attack should be. If we can recruit guys to fix that and move others around then so be it

Korisau adds a lot to side.
Intrested to see Cleary without Maloney. He may shine. Maloney defense was woefull and hampered the side.
I actually dont mind the forward pack.Maybe 1 more pig. A quality centre,fullback and wing is needed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Crichton is 18 playing his first handful of games I wouldn’t read much into him being quiet.

He is still a prospect but if he came in and did what To'o did then I was say Mansour is shot but he didn't so we might still have a season before we have certain players better than Mansour

franklin2323

Immortal
I have always agreed with signing a few new players every year. It refreshens the squad and should create competition for spots. If the signings are decent ones.

Depends what position though. I think we have suffered from not having a settled spine over the last 4 or 5 years

Depends what position though. I think we have suffered from not having a settled spine over the last 4 or 5 years

Yeah it does you don't want to turn over your spine every year or two.
Hopefully 6,7 and 9 can be settled for a few years going forward and Edwards holds his own till one of the youngins overtakes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.