What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Where did I say that anybody's suggestions were crazy? I just disagreed with some and explained my side of things. I was just suggesting that if he's a like-for-like replacement for Ma'u then you'd imagine their salary would be in the same range.

Your tone came across as incredulous to me. Maybe I am wrong, and if so - I am sorry. I misread the tone of your post.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the "like-for-like" comment was based purely on their respective skills; I never even entered the debate regarding their alleged worth, and so I would have thought that it was implied quite clearly to what I was referring.

Fifita at $650,000, or Matterson at $500,000 (which I think, as a player who was very close to making their NSW Origin debut in 2019, is a good deal) is an interesting topic, but I don't think it's as clear as people suggest.

Fifita demonstrated his lack of maturity by getting on the piss the night before a big Final - I can't speak for you, but 19 or not, I don't find that acceptable from a player with a price tag like his.

Fifita did nothing against us in said Final - a news article recently claimed that Daniel Alvaro ran for more metres than Haas and Fifita combined.

Fifita defence is only decent; Matterson's is probably on par with his.

Where Matterson excels is that he offers far greater skill levels, and has plenty of speed, as well.

I believe that Matterson offers us more right now- especially given our playing style.

But there is little doubt in my mind that Fifita will become the better player of the two.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith we’re paying them massive overs as well, why would we take them of their hands at full freight??? Your Info has dried up our Penrith way when your Squeeze got shown the door.

According to the news paper?
I reckon maybe they chipped in this year but that would be it. A few clubs where after DWZ not just us. And Blake would of had a lot of interest also. Je is worth 500-550k AMD other clubs would of offered that.

hindy111

Post Whore
The eels are a much more attractive option at the moment than the complete basket case that are the Penrith Panthers. We have a quality roster and if either RM or Fifita were to join us then we become a top 4 side (on paper), capable of jagging a premiership over the next few years with a bit of luck. Surely even you can see the Panthers are not even close and won’t be for a while.

Disagree. This time last year they where in our shoes and we finished last. A lot happens in rugby league in 12mths. Bar at the Titans I reckon every club is attractive.and have good enough squads that with a bit of luck AMD 1 or 2 additions they can make the top 4 or 5.

Your tone came across as incredulous to me. Maybe I am wrong, and if so - I am sorry. I misread the tone of your post.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the "like-for-like" comment was based purely on their respective skills; I never even entered the debate regarding their alleged worth, and so I would have thought that it was implied quite clearly to what I was referring.

Fifita at $650,000, or Matterson at $500,000 (which I think, as a player who was very close to making their NSW Origin debut in 2019, is a good deal) is an interesting topic, but I don't think it's as clear as people suggest.

Fifita demonstrated his lack of maturity by getting on the piss the night before a big Final - I can't speak for you, but 19 or not, I don't find that acceptable from a player with a price tag like his.

Fifita did nothing against us in said Final - a news article recently claimed that Daniel Alvaro ran for more metres than Haas and Fifita combined.

Fifita defence is only decent; Matterson's is probably on par with his.

Where Matterson excels is that he offers far greater skill levels, and has plenty of speed, as well.

I believe that Matterson offers us more right now- especially given our playing style.

But there is little doubt in my mind that Fifita will become the better player of the two.

No worries mate. My tone was simply 'curious', rather than 'incredulous'. As I said, I have no problem with Matterson, and wouldn't object to signing him (though I hope he'd cost less than 500k). Comes down to a risk tradeoff in terms of a choice b/w them. Fifita could bomb, or he could be an absolute unit.

BTW Where is the evidence that Fifita got on the piss before the Final? I haven't heard any suggestion that he did before this post.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No worries mate. My tone was simply 'curious', rather than 'incredulous'. As I said, I have no problem with Matterson, and wouldn't object to signing him (though I hope he'd cost less than 500k). Comes down to a risk tradeoff in terms of a choice b/w them. Fifita could bomb, or he could be an absolute unit.

BTW Where is the evidence that Fifita got on the piss before the Final? I haven't heard any suggestion that he did before this post.

No worries, mate - I misunderstood your tone. I apologise.

I think maybe I mixed up Milford and Fifita, regarding the booze...

I think Fifita is a great, young talent - but I reckon, as a more complete player, that we should target Matterson first, as he woul cost less, and mesh better with our side.

But either player would be an enormous get.

No worries, mate - I misunderstood your tone. I apologise.

I think maybe I mixed up Milford and Fifita, regarding the booze...

I think Fifita is a great, young talent - but I reckon, as a more complete player, that we should target Matterson first, as he woul cost less, and mesh better with our side.

But either player would be an enormous get.

No need for an apology at all....I was just concerned that I'd said something unintended.

I can't actually see Fifita coming to the Eels. And if we did sign him I'd rather it start in 2021.

Stop acting the merkin. Barry.

I thought 'etiquette' mean 'name to call some merkin who pisses you off'.But I see I'm wrong. I think the correct response is to simply park you car in your neighbour's driveway and Zuffle his wife or husband.
Ive Zuffled his wife previously, so I need to be a little careful on that front.

Nevermimd, ive decided to go the 2-nails-per-tyre method. I think it is apt.

Dibs

Bench
While im here, can i ask what is the proper etiqutte for when someone parks half across your driveway and you cant get your car in?
Well I don’t know the etiquette but I know what is considered to far. In my town this dude parked completely across someone’s driveway just as the house owner come out to go to work. He told old mate you need to love I have to get out. To which old mate said I won’t be long. He said no mate you need to move now I have to go to work. Old mate replied again I won’t be long and walked off. So the house owner went back inside got a bat and smashed the windscreen of the car. He ended up getting charged and prosecuted over it