What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monty Porter Medal (NRL Player of the Year)

Blayke needs to win all that shit next year for us to win.

9 is where it is won.

I would be happy to buy Isaac Luke and play him 10 before and after haltime as a strategy.

I heard that I. Like will be going to Manly.

Also agree that Uele and Morris were ripped off, nothing personally against Chad, those were just heaps better.

Weaponhead

Coach
Indicative of the season we had that a player that dropped a 5/10 season wins the award.
Fair call.

Congrats to Chad. Played every game and was good in the early part of the season. Dropped off in the second half of the season (like most others)

Quigs

Immortal
Arrrh give me an Up Up and go and get ....

We had a shit season, a real shit season with what we had on paper.

Honestly I couldn't give a shit about who won what in the 2019 awards.

I reckon the poor buggers that spent their hard earned week in week out going down to Shark Park every game deserve all the awards.

Chad for origin
carried the side all year.
hahaha

tenor.gif

txta2

Bench
Gal,Dugan,Morris
All had better seasons than Chad
Putting him on a pedestal is worry considered he was abysmal in some games

Quicksilver

Bench
He had some bad games at the back end of the season but he was good at the start and that carried him through.

Someone said he got three awards so he must be doing something right.

ghoti

Bench
In a season of crud Chad was maybe the fifth or sixth best? (Not necessarily a compliment, everyone was shit).

The fact that he was also players player days a lot though, and means there's a lot of stuff we're not seeing from the couch that he's doing right. Coach Morris also talked up his preparation and professionalism which is something I hope rubs off on those with the big heads at least..

f**ked season considering the squad and potential, felt like the old days. Hopefully without the disruptions of losing a coach, getting whacked by salary cap, financially f**ked and sacking support staff, million dollar fullback f**king off to play out a video game fantasy in America and all that shit we'll get a solid off-season and pre-season and win over and over again at Kogarah to piss off those Stains merkins. .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Firstly, a Sharks colleague rang him ahead of the club's presentation night on Tuesday, to tell him he had passed 100 consecutive games for Cronulla.
"I didn't know… had no idea… but it's pretty cool actually," Townsend told NRL.com.

He's actually up to 111 if you add in the seven games at the back end of his final season with the Warriors in 2015. Then throughout the past four seasons, Townsend hasn't missed a game

The Chad of Iron Hair.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/19/townsend-takes-top-awards-as-his-numbers-keep-tallying-up/

shadowboxer

First Grade
Last year I was absolutely annoyed and ticked off at Chad - this year, less so. I can only put it down to lack of interest, at this rate by the time he retires, I will be full blow Jets fan with limited interest in the sharks

Congratulations on Chad winning the Players, Fans & critics awards, in a team that had every reason to finish bottom 4 , but nearly finished top 4.
Great effort.

Stake Removed

First Grade
it make sense Chad getting the awards other clubs like Broncs will say this guy can play and give us offer for Chad we cant refuse. method in clubs madness

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It's the mediocrity we have accepted for years
Broncos would be happy with our last four years..

Titans, be very happy.

Parra,Penrith, Wests....long list....

Them Perth Reds,would love The Chad of Iron Hair.

Been tough the last few years with Chad.

The previous years were heaps better.

6ab61d3f20a16a39cab099a0f14a51f0