What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Quigs

Immortal
Now the elephant in the room. Kogarah is in the process of being (read that as done deal) the home of a new Georges River Shire , multi purpose sports facility.
The closure of Carrs PArk Memorial Pool means that the new aquatic centre will be built at Kogarah, along with facilities for all other sports including basketball, Cricket, Tennis, etc etc etc.
It will be announced within 6 months, tender & design process for 3-6 months & striaght into the build in 2021

Closing down Carrs Park .... where is everyone going to go for an after hours root ?

Now the elephant in the room. Kogarah is in the process of being (read that as done deal) the home of a new Georges River Shire , multi purpose sports facility.
The closure of Carrs PArk Memorial Pool means that the new aquatic centre will be built at Kogarah, along with facilities for all other sports including basketball, Cricket, Tennis, etc etc etc.
It will be announced within 6 months, tender & design process for 3-6 months & striaght into the build in 2021
Here is an article from a month ago.

GEORGES RIVER COUNCIL EXPLORES LOCATIONS FOR NEW POOL
Hurstville_Aquatic_Leisure_Centre.jpg

AUGUST 14, 2019
AQUATICS / CONSULTANTS / RECREATION / SPORT / VENUES
Georges River Council is to undertake a study into suitable locations for a third aquatic centre in its boundaries that will include Carss Park and Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

With the Council facing the permanent closure of the Kogarah War Memorial Pool at Carss Park, its Community and Culture Committee on Monday night considered recommendations for a new pool location as contained in the Georges River Council's Open Space, Recreation and Community Facilities Strategy 2019-2036.

The Strategy recognises that three aquatic facilities are required to meet the needs of Georges River local government area until 2036, which now has only two following the closure of the Carss Park Pool.

As reported by the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader, the Strategy suggests that a future aquatic centre may include an indoor/outdoor 50-metre pool, 15/25 metre heated program pool along with possible features such as a café, creche, gymnasium, health and wellbeing centre, water splash play area and car parking.

The form of a future third aquatic facility should take into account the Carss Bush Park Sport and Recreation Precinct Masterplan and two other studies still to come to council including the Aquatic Site Suitability and Feasibility Study.

This study will consider suitable locations across the LGA for a third centre including Carss Park, Jubilee Stadium and other locations.

The dominant issue raised in the submissions (356 unique and 62 pro forma) was concern for the closure of Kogarah War Memorial Pool at Carss Park for development of a car park.

78% of those who responded called for the facility to be retained and/or refurbished.

Four petitions were received in the form of written and online petitions supporting the repair/refurbishment of the pool. The petitions included approximately 6000 petitions in written form and 5,500 signatures in an online petition.

The Strategy is to address the future needs of the local government area and ensure the community has adequate access to facilities and spaces including community centres, libraries, parks and open spaces, sports fields and courts, aquatic and athletics facilities, and other recreation activities such as skate parks.

Golf which was highlighted by 18 respondents included 14 with concerns about any potential reduction of the Beverley Park Golf Course from 18 holes to nine.

The Jubilee Stadium Hub was mentioned by 39 respondents (11%), generally expressing concern at the recommendation to locate a sport and recreation hub there.

Stoked about Game at Kawana Quad Park. Ill be there! Mayor apparently invited Sco mo too . I think it holds about Twelve Thousand . Elton John pulled crowd of twenty thousand there supposedly. I think Ben Ross from nearby Nambour, may have helped get the games up here. I heard he works for Sharks admin now?

Sharkman05

Juniors
When I moved to the Sunshine Coast nearly seven years ago I couldn’t of imagined a NRL game up here now we have two with both Souths and the Sharks.

I believe the Sunshine Coast will get more and more NRL it’s one of if not the fastest growing areas in the country it has a population of 350k
which I don’t think includes the Noosa shire which is a seperate council.

I hope plenty of sharks fans travel up here and will see this area is like the shire used to be.

Ads

First Grade
Sub 10k crowds, reliant on opposition supporters to breach 10k is on the way I think.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Stoked about Game at Kawana Quad Park. Ill be there! Mayor apparently invited Sco mo too . I think it holds about Twelve Thousand . Elton John pulled crowd of twenty thousand there supposedly. I think Ben Ross from nearby Nambour, may have helped get the games up here. I heard he works for Sharks admin now?

I will be there

Craigshark

First Grade
I know it’s Facebook. But has anyone heard anything about the company (bluestone) who are meant to be doing the redevelopment not being able to get finance?

CM67

Juniors
I know it’s Facebook. But has anyone heard anything about the company (bluestone) who are meant to be doing the redevelopment not being able to get finance?
Aoyuan,a Hong Kong listed developer bought them out in April.

Quicksilver

Bench
The water level is higher than the field!!

Is that very bottom level of the beer hill a bar or something? They should basically extend the seating to a similar lever to the Peter Burns stand there.

carcharias

Immortal
The water level is higher than the field!!

Is that very bottom level of the beer hill a bar or something? They should basically extend the seating to a similar lever to the Peter Burns stand there.
Yeah looks like a bar with a tiered standing area in front.

Quigs

Immortal
The big circular glass wall will definately make it better when the strong north easters are blowing but are they going to have the big wall at the southern end. We all know how it blows from the south at Shark Park.

shaggs

Coach
The top deck area is part of the leagues club.

The level below with the glass looking out is not, however It would make sense to be leased by the club for game day functions.

The cabanas should be sold as corporate facilities on game day.

carcharias

Immortal
The top deck area is part of the leagues club.

The level below with the glass looking out is not, however It would make sense to be leased by the club for game day functions.

The cabanas should be sold as corporate facilities on game day.

So the blue part looking directly out over Shark park is not part of the leagues club?