What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that the lava has cooled.

We won playing away from ANZ or Bankwest (home). Merkins are saying that we struggle to win away from home. I'm not fudging the numbers FFS.

I am proving a point that teams who finish in the lower part if the 8 also have poor away records.
It would be more relevant to look at our record playing teams on their home ground. Because that's what we have to do this week.

IFR33K

Coach
I am proving a point that teams who finish in the lower part if the 8 also have poor away records.

Is that the same as it’s a game of two halves?

Or if we score more than our opponents we’ll win?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We've played the Storm 5 times in finals and most of those Storm were favourites but in those games we've really pushed the Storm.

2017 we looked like the only big threat to Melbourne leading into the GF and many believed we could go meet in the GF.

In this game, many are expecting the Storm to turn it around given they were minor premiers by a clear 4 points and generally dont lose two in a row, so its obviously going to be tough.

There are certainly some weaknesses with the Storm as Canberra showed them.

Finals football can be weird and unpredictable

I feel we should go all out in this game, play a different sort of style, nothing too fancy but really rattle the Storm in defence and in attack with the offloads.

The amount of offloads we did against Brisbane was crazy so throwing it around against the Storm might put them off their game a bit.

T.S Quint

Coach
Fu*k off with your logic PB. Hang in buddy.
Logic said Eels v Broncos would be a toss of the coin.
Every bast*rd driver that is pis*ing me off this week are getting a big "fu*k off back to Melbourne". Got to maintain the rage.
We got this. Lets go boys. Eels by 8.

Don’t you dare make him change his tip!

Djay

Juniors
I am the eternal optimist and therefore am expecting an Eels victory by 12+.

I think the confidence the team got from yesterday's semi-opposed training run will be enough to get them off to a flying start. I think our young players like Drown, Sivo and Mahoney have enough self-belief and confidence just to play their game come hell or highwater. I don't see Ferguson, Jennings or Waqa being scared of Melbourne - they will take it to them in both attack and defence.

Nrown, Ma'u, Evans and Junior will be fired up and full of aggression, ready to prove that they can mix it with the best. Lane is Lane. He will just do what he does week after week.

That leaves our key playmakers in Gutho and Moses. If they stay composed and stick to the plan BA gives them, we will see a game full of second phase play mixed with some individual brilliance.

If our benchies all bring their A game (Alvaro and Tepai for the second week in a row),we got 'dis.
Key point, if Alvaro and Tep repeat there performances that is one giant step in the right direction.

I am quietly confident, it's about time we beat these cheats in a Semi, we are overdue.

Sorry guys Storm will win

Too much of a hurdle

Weather
home ground advantage
ton of international players
refs will give them the 50/50 calls

Been a great year for us, bring on 2020...

storm were supposed to win last week too all the pressure is on them
get in their faces & fight for every inch the longer we make it a contest the more nervous they will get

forward pass

Coach
Including our NT win, we won 6 away and Manly won only 7.

yes - we won 6 away. One of those was Bankwest and another was ANZ (our home for the last 2 years).:)

I was referring more to our 'travelling' record rather than our 'away' record.