What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Bench
I know the Lurker is one of those who can sometimes post crap, but he thinks that Flanagan will be allowed back in to coaching, not the coach but only as an assistant coach and he believes he will be at St George as McIdiots assistant in 2020
Does make sense and it has been reported in other sites
If that happens it makes some sense with Flanagan eventually bring the first grade coach in 2021.
It might be just a rumour to sell papers but I will take any rumours right now

I know the Lurker is one of those who can sometimes post crap, but he thinks that Flanagan will be allowed back in to coaching, not the coach but only as an assistant coach and he believes he will be at St George as McIdiots assistant in 2020
If that happens it makes some sense with Flanagan eventually bring the first grade coach in 2021.

But Flanagan is a admitted cheat.

Sgi plays tough, can fek things up, but it doesn’t fekking cheat.

Everyone knows that.

Coffs dragon

Bench
This makes too much sense to have a backup plan in place, therefore I doubt it will happen in Dragons World!

Disgraced Shane Flanagan to learn of NRL coaching future decision
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• September 19, 2019 7:14pm
  • Source: AAP
e5fa734dc667463ba6d1062fa2eb9387

Former Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan is trying to get registered by the NRL again.Source: News Corp Australia
Former Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan is expected to learn within the next week whether he will be allowed back into the NRL next year.

Flanagan was high on the agenda when the Australian Rugby League Commission met on Thursday as he pushes for a return to the coaching ranks.

The premiership-winning mentor has penned a letter to NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg outlining his remorse and community work since being banned in December last year.

The matter was put before the ARLC and it’s understood that Greenberg will make the final determination in the next week or so.

It’s been reported that Flanagan could be allowed back into the NRL next year but only in an assistant coaching capacity before any full-fledged return to a head coaching role.
Flanagan is still highly regarded in club circles, having guided the Sharks to their breakthrough 2016 premiership win, accumulated a 55 per cent winning record during his eight years in charge and had a hand’s on role in cultivating the club’s junior nursery and pathways.

He was banned indefinitely in December last year after he was found to have communicated with Sharks officials during his 2014 ban for his part in the ASADA scandal.

He has reportedly been targeted by St George Illawarra who are set to undergo a clean out of their football department following their 15th place finish this year.

Dragons coach Paul McGregor’s job is believed to be safe, despite the club’s disappointing finish.

Straight Shooter

Coaching under Mary, zero expectations of achievement and a new untapped sales market:

1672A325-4A8E-4F5A-B713-C14450D41C2E.jpeg

The only thing old mate above will be cultivating at sgi is poppies and hemp.

Certainly my Tigers play like they are stoned off their heads for most of the game.

Bruce Gordon, the new el chapo

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
This thread has 5.3 Million views and some 11,000 responses and still Mcidiot is still at saints. Whatever happened to the voice of the people and the paying public.
Yeh but how many different voices are there within that 11,000?.
They.......meaning the ones that can make a difference dont read it unfortunately.
And some in the media only read the twitter stuff. That seems to get more attention god knows why

BLM01

First Grade
Having a premiership winning coach having to take orders from Mary is pure genius and a managerial masterstroke from the board.
So what managerial masterstrokes have Tigers got installed for you this off season Phantom apart from letting Matterson go?..
I'd just like to hear your thoughts re the team you support.

So what managerial masterstrokes have Tigers got installed for you this off season Phantom apart from letting Matterson go?..
I'd just like to hear your thoughts re the team you support.

Sure, awesome, updates throughout the day as I have to work!

We suffer from similar managerial shortcomings as sgi.

I will address the best and worst from Tigerland.

Last edited:
Ok, well first point is that at the moment we seem to be a “ pathway” club and not a “destination” club.

We continually find ourselves losing high end talent such as teddy, Mitchell Moses, Woods.

Matts was only recently recruited from roosters 3 years at $350k. Now he reportedly wants out as he can command $500k easily.

Reports are that he is rude to fans and he fails character tests.

Mbye has been a dismal failure this year, but unlike Matt’s, he is very pro-fan and a good club man. I had some words of support with him this year at Benjis commeration. Our only truly elite player under 65.
Mbye is my avatar here.

F325B1F0-3868-404E-AA1A-ACC2757104CE.jpeg

Most of the gripes this year has been about $3m talent injured or in Reggie’s. Grub was asked to find another club but due to injuries he was promoted and played in the firsts at the back end of the season. Our biggest concern with him is injuries. He is very well liked by all and sundry, but an expensive mistake by past recruitment. He drives a beautiful $100k merc.!

If we talking tigers, we should be talking about Chris Lawrence being offered a lousy $100k for next years testimonial. We are broke until start of 2022, but he should be looked after.

At the moment, our forwards are being targeted by every man and his dog. Twal has just offered big dough from the panthers. He’s a gun forward, but hey, he’s not as good as my favourite tiger ( stay tuned)...

Unlike sgi where under Mary, elite players mostly fail, our players are well below elite, but have a go say at least half of the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts