What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can release as many players as you like but you have to have clubs wanting to take them off your hands. And willing to pay a decent chunk of freight.

But then again Bronco dollars.

You can release as many players as you like but you have to have clubs wanting to take them off your hands. And willing to pay a decent chunk of freight.

But then again Bronco dollars.

Does it really work like that ? From what I understand is that a player and the club come to a mutual decision to leave the contract, then that’s totally fine. In this case Bird has asked for a release and the Broncos have granted it. So the broncos don’t have to pay any club anything.

Huge risk for Bird as I would not pay 200k for him at the moment. Which other club would sign him now with his injury legacy. Not many, he should’ve stayed and got his money

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Does it really work like that ? From what I understand is that a player and the club come to a mutual decision to leave the contract, then that’s totally fine. In this case Bird has asked for a release and the Broncos have granted it. So the broncos don’t have to pay any club anything.

Huge risk for Bird as I would not pay 200k for him at the moment. Which other club would sign him now with his injury legacy. Not many, he should’ve stayed and got his money

Yes clubs / players can agree to void contract (tim grant did it this year), however he hasn’t been released, he has asked for permission to negotiate with other clubs which the broncos have granted:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/049e2fa7917a7587c8f9d4f4d8910137

He is still under contract. I suspect even if Bird does leave, Broncos will pay some of his contract to play else. Bird will probably come back to the broncos telling them I have a deal worth X, if you give me Y, I will leave.

Anyhow if Bird was offering himself to Sydney clubs for $200k, every single one would be interested and willing to take a chance on him.

IFR33K

Coach

That’s not to suggest bird wont receive an Andrew Gee type payout.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
This is how I'd do it; Bird to Tigers, Broncos pay 300, Tigers pay 500. That's the 500 they would have payed to Matterson but he can now come to Eels. Now I realise 500 is high for Bird, but a. Tigers, and b. I actually think he is a risk worth taking for them, and c. it's still way cheaper than Reynolds so they might win out in the end. And with the addition of Matterson, the Eels go back to back in 2020.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This article also draws a tenuous link between us and Isaac Luke as a back up hooker. He’d be one of the better back ups going around. Bloody hell, if we could somehow land Matto and Luke, we’d have an unbelievable roster!!

Luke would be a great signing, bring him on in the last 20-25. Really would take our attack to the next level - we would be pretty dangerous in all aspects of attack, out wide, middle, offloading, set plays , edges, individual brilliance, dummy half running.

Latest posts