What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
This Matterson thing is such bullshit.

When a player plays under his contract worth the club still has to pay them. When a player plays better than their contract is worth, they just stop coming to training and their agent puts shit into the media and get their release for a fatter contract elsewhere.

MrBlack

Juniors
This Matterson thing is such bullshit.

When a player plays under his contract worth the club still has to pay them. When a player plays better than their contract is worth, they just stop coming to training and their agent puts shit into the media and get their release for a fatter contract elsewhere.

Are you talking about Matterson or Moylan when he played for us................

MrBlack

Juniors
The Moylan thing was never about his contract though. It was a breakdown in the relationship between him and the coach. He also never demanded to leave. He manager said he was staying and then Gus did the swap deal.

My comment was a little tounge in cheek but FWIW didn't all the trouble start when he was away at Origin and realized he had signed a 5 year deal substantially less that the other Origin players??

OldPanther

Coach
My comment was a little tounge in cheek but FWIW didn't all the trouble start when he was away at Origin and realized he had signed a 5 year deal substantially less that the other Origin players??

Oops I missed the humour. That was reported but went silent pretty quickly. Likely reporters heard whispers and guessed until the real story came out.

MugaB

Coach
I don't think he meant to be insulting. Just offering a perspective on how they improved to make the top 8. We have been more successful but they do look stronger going forward with that strangely familiar backline.

Couldn't agree more with this. Player managers are scum.
Stop defending parra scum, had they kept grubby hands off our clubs juniors, i dare say Sivo would be in FG at the Panthers this year, among others. Instead we have a wankwest stadium shouting his name out. How do think tigers fans feel, when Roosters poached Tedesco, its not the fans fault their star player leaves, its the clubs admin vs player managers, its a sh!t look for the game, when you cannot have you juniors prosper at the club they started with

OldPanther

Coach
Stop defending parra scum, had they kept grubby hands off our clubs juniors, i dare say Sivo would be in FG at the Panthers this year, among others. Instead we have a wankwest stadium shouting his name out. How do think tigers fans when Roosters poached Tedesco, its not the fans fault their star player leaves, its the clubs admin vs player managers, its a sh!t look for the game, when you cannot have you juniors prosper at the club they started with

Because the Eels are the ones who decided to have MWZ and Mansour as wingers at Penrith instead of Sivo right?

MugaB

Coach
Because the Eels are the ones who decided to have MWZ and Mansour as wingers at Penrith instead of Sivo right?
Nope but cleary had moved DWZ on, Sivo would have been in the 30 man squad to pick from, and while Mansour, MWZ both were injured, maybe Sivo is part of that 7 game streak into the finals, we have so many juniors on the cusp of FG, and these other clubs swoop in, without a care

mxlegend99

Referee
Stop defending parra scum, had they kept grubby hands off our clubs juniors, i dare say Sivo would be in FG at the Panthers this year, among others. Instead we have a wankwest stadium shouting his name out. How do think tigers fans feel, when Roosters poached Tedesco, its not the fans fault their star player leaves, its the clubs admin vs player managers, its a sh!t look for the game, when you cannot have you juniors prosper at the club they started with
Hook didnt rate Sivo or want to keep him. Eels signed someone who was no contracted and we didnt want at the time.

Id be more filthy at us helping them get Blake and RCG.

MugaB

Coach
Hook didnt rate Sivo or want to keep him. Eels signed someone who was no contracted and we didnt want at the time.

I don't think Ivan would have let Mika go, the other guys were on overs, we basically sold them off otherwise

OldPanther

Coach
Nope but cleary had moved DWZ on, Sivo would have been in the 30 man squad to pick from, and while Mansour, MWZ both were injured, maybe Sivo is part of that 7 game streak into the finals, we have so many juniors on the cusp of FG, and these other clubs swoop in, without a care

Yeah but the Sivo decision happened before Cleary.

This. Eels just bought a player who was off contract and then took the players we apparently didn't want anymore in Blake and RCG(understandable with RCG regrettably though Blake I don't understand at all why we didn't want him)

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah we know this, but had they not poached him, we'd more than likely still have him, we are going in circles

They didn't poach him. He was off contract and we didn't want him. You are doing your best to turn it into a negative on the Eels but really it's Panthers fault. Makes me angry thinking about the missed opportunity.

MugaB

Coach
They didn't poach him. He was off contract and we didn't want him. You are doing your best to turn it into a negative on the Eels but really it's Panthers fault. Makes me angry thinking about the missed opportunity.
Just coz your off contract doesnt mean we wont resign if there was spare spots for the 30 man squad, Ivan probably didnt have a chance To keep him, is what im saying, i understand hook and gus didnt want him. And i know its the panthers fault, but i wished parra hadn't been preying on our juniors regardless.
As a fan it disappoints me that there a certain players that get let go as there arent enough spots that the older plodders have wrapped up, but i can see what ivan done this year, is a good thing, move the senior guys on, let the juniors shine. Probably easier to coach, than disgruntled "underpaid" privileged players, that are taking up heavy chunks of salary cap space

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Just coz your off contract doesnt mean we wont resign if there was spare spots for the 30 man squad, Ivan probably didnt have a chance To keep him, is what im saying, i understand hook and gus didnt want him. And i know its the panthers fault, but i wished parra hadn't been preying on our juniors regardless.
As a fan it disappoints me that there a certain players that get let go as there arent enough spots that the older plodders have wrapped up, but i can see what ivan done this year, is a good thing, move the senior guys on, let the juniors shine. Probably easier to coach, than disgruntled "underpaid" privileged players, that are taking up heavy chunks of salary cap space

I completely agree with the sentiment. It sucks to watch happen with the club we love.

Delboy

First Grade
Re Sivo, he was told that he would not be resigned and could look elsewhere. I am told BA Grabbed him Quickly with the intention of fast tracking him into NRL. About time our 2 Western clubs recognised what the Roosters and Storm have been doing for years, seeing potential and actually doing something .

Similar questions on Parra's coach last year and he worked to fix himself and the team. The Clearys need to do similar, your club as Penrith have good facilities , good juniors and can quickly turn it around if the coach and staff gets it right.

MugaB

Coach
Re Sivo, he was told that he would not be resigned and could look elsewhere. I am told BA Grabbed him Quickly with the intention of fast tracking him into NRL. About time our 2 Western clubs recognised what the Roosters and Storm have been doing for years, seeing potential and actually doing something .

Similar questions on Parra's coach last year and he worked to fix himself and the team. The Clearys need to do similar, your club as Penrith have good facilities , good juniors and can quickly turn it around if the coach and staff gets it right.
C'mon dude, don't schelp the panthers club, in with pawwa, you guys should be closer and chummy with the dogs or tigers, you're like 10km within each other, even share a stadium now,
we're truly way out west.
How'd we become a parra magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts