What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capras future in the Intrust Cup

League guru

Juniors
After only one win for the season the viability of the Capras is at stake. Several of the clubs imports have departed prior to the season ending whilst other players dropped out to play in local league finals. The non existent affiliation with the Broncos provides no players.

The local league is weak and without NRL affiliated players they do not have the talent to compete.

This from a town that had at one time had aspirations (although misguided) of trying to obtain an NRL franchise.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
One problem they have always had is that it is hard to attract players to live in Rockhampton. With due respect to the birthplace of my mother and my wife, it hasn't got a lot of appeal as a place to live and work opportunities are limited.

League guru

Juniors
One problem they have always had is that it is hard to attract players to live in Rockhampton. With due respect to the birthplace of my mother and my wife, it hasn't got a lot of appeal as a place to live and work opportunities are limited.

Work opportunities are pretty good, and they can live on the Cap Coast. Pathways to the NRL is the biggest drawback.

Would be inteesting to see how many players at other clubs actually do work.

ALX25

Bench
Perhaps some more financial assistance to get CQ juniors back home and not stuck playing BRL would be wise?

Brutus

Referee
Get rid of them and bring back the Wests Panthers or Valleys or Brothers or all of them.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Particularly with eight team finals, the competition needs every club to be competitive.

Capras have averaged four wins a season for the last five years. Whilst they haven't been last every year, you are effectively playing a 13 team comp with 8 making the finals.

That's not a good set up.

League guru

Juniors
So the Capras announced that Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga (their best player this season) is relocating to Brisbane on a trial and train contract with the Broncos. So if he is successful, I presume he will be placed with, Redcliffe, Norths, Souths, or one of their feeer clubs. So I thought the Capras also had a feeder club association. Obivously they have no intention of him playing out of Rocky, so the feeder club association is a farce.