What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we all finally accept that stadiums are better than suburban parks?

taipan

Referee
You get a strong Dragon's team performing well and consistently so, and ditto the Sharks, get them in a local derby at Jubilee or Shark Park, the grounds are packed.
Much as I sh*t stir the Dragons,I much prefer them to be strong for the above reason ,and for the good of the game.
I still believe the off field issues earlier on, did not help the club .

Knight76

Juniors
Their last year at PS was 2016. But fair point, we should go back further.

In the 19 years they played their between the NRL forming and PS getting knocked down, they only broke a 15k average twice (both times they won the Minor Premiership)

They have never even gone close to the 20k average they have at WSS.

The difference is that their shitty average here will still be better than any of the park teams in Syndey

I agree, Dogs have the perfect set-up with their Back To Belmore. It keeps the excitement of the park grounds alive....

You don't factor in anything for the draw the stadium has for away crowds? Parra had a great season this year and that helped, but so did the novelty of going to the big flash new Sydney stadium for many of the away clubs fans.

Next season this effect will be diminished and even more so year after. I'm certain you will see average crowds at wankfest dropping over the next year, and beyond levelling off at about 15k depending on how Parra are going in the comp at the time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You don't factor in anything for the draw the stadium has for away crowds? Parra had a great season this year and that helped, but so did the novelty of going to the big flash new Sydney stadium for many of the away clubs fans.

Next season this effect will be diminished and even more so year after. I'm certain you will see average crowds at wankfest dropping over the next year, and beyond levelling off at about 15k depending on how Parra are going in the comp at the time.

Depends if the novelty is replaced by enjoying the experience so much they want to go back for more.

Eels are doing the right thing in offering great value GA memberships and I think that will really help keep crowds up

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Yeh, lets give up while we are going well. It will probably end up shit anyway, so why even try?

Latest posts