What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Thing is the quality of the experience is far more likely to be a deciding factor in attendance than the slight inconvenience of a few extra kms travel. 30k in Bankwest provides a much better RL experience than 30k at ANZ (if it gets to that many). The game is missing an opportunity if its not going to hype up attending Bankwest and make it the home of RL for the city.
Do people travel longer distances for better entertainment experiences? Yes they do.
If you are right and watching rugby league in your opinion isn’t a quality experience then piss off

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I just watched the highlights after attending a work function at the MCG - well done manly fans, awesome effort!!

yobbo84

First Grade
Having attended there was a real late rush with the crowd. In the end it was pretty much 50-50, maybe slightly more Manly fans. Kudos to them for traveling so far on a Friday night.

taipan

Referee
I’ve been to anz in the rain when the crowd was 10k, it was a sht experience. Not every rl experience is a good one, sigh.

LOL so now admits ANZ and rain without cover is a sh*T experience in Sydney, where travel is far different to Perth and any other major Oz city.
Save this for posterity.
In fact if the day had not had dark clouds rolling around the whole day, it may well have gone close to 40K.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
We have just had a decent storm head through Melbourne, only really heavy rain, now it is sunny. Better half is flying back from Sydney and said that the plane was chokers with parra fans. I think they will bring about 3-5k tonight.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
We have just had a decent storm head through Melbourne, only really heavy rain, now it is sunny. Better half is flying back from Sydney and said that the plane was chokers with parra fans. I think they will bring about 3-5k tonight.
You’d hope there’d be 25000 plus in attendance tonight.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It'll definitely sell out, but If they can organise temporary seating and stretch the standing room we'll get close to 30k instead of the current 25k capacity.
I saw some articles early in the week suggesting they were trying to get approval for temporary seating, but then never heard anything else and ticketek released the map with no suggestion of it. I hope something can be organised.

Stallion

First Grade
I hope so. I am heading there and sitting in the parra bay with a work mate who is a parra fan so I won’t be able to tell if the crowd is larger than last week because I’ll be looking at the usually empty side.

If the usually empty side has seats occupied then that's a good sign . Hope that happens !