What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I hope all of you all are little bit more humble now. Tigers fans came in here 100% Madge would be dramatically better than Ivan's was at the Tigers. And look what he did. He took the Tiger from 9th under Ivan to 9th this year!!!! What an incredible improvement. Truly he deserves the title of Super Coach.

The yak

Juniors
I hope all of you all are little bit more humble now. Tigers fans came in here 100% Madge would be dramatically better than Ivan's was at the Tigers. And look what he did. He took the Tiger from 9th under Ivan to 9th this year!!!! What an incredible improvement. Truly he deserves the title of Super Coach.

And Ivan took a team that had made week 2 of the finals for the past 3 years to 10th.
Neither side has much to cheer about this year.

MugaB

Coach
No surprise the only game they lost at home was in the wet. It is more a sign for how bad the standard of footy then how good they are
Media seems to toot their horn for them too, "how good is Bankwest, the Eels are basically unstoppable there", well i was at the game that they lost, it was marvelous, i agree, thursday night terrible scheduling, but fans showed up and we watched a wet, gritty panthers side who everyone wrote off, win their first of seven straight matches, bankwest IS good. but the eels traditional choke is coming, followed by a 2020 wodden spoon. Its inevitable!

Well a loss today tells me that none of that side will make first grade on a regular basis in the next two years .

Burto's running game was very strong, also put in a couple of tough kicks. Will just need to grow as a game manager as our last-tackle options left a lot to be desired at times. Still will be fighting Luai for the six jersey at this point.

J'maine Hopgood was strong too, great chopping tackles in defence.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well a loss today tells me that none of that side will make first grade on a regular basis in the next two years .
We were there regularly in all grades under Gus. All grades suffer the moment he lost his power.

I think he was poor at managing our cap with overs to everyone. But i think he could do better at offloading guys and not picking up any of their contracts.

franklin2323

Immortal
We were there regularly in all grades under Gus. All grades suffer the moment he lost his power.

I think he was poor at managing our cap with overs to everyone. But i think he could do better at offloading guys and not picking up any of their contracts.

10 of the 17 that played can still play 20's next year. Staines, Burton etc have been in NSW Cup but plenty of talent in this side

franklin2323

Immortal
Burto's running game was very strong, also put in a couple of tough kicks. Will just need to grow as a game manager as our last-tackle options left a lot to be desired at times. Still will be fighting Luai for the six jersey at this point.

J'maine Hopgood was strong too, great chopping tackles in defence.

Neither Laurie or Burton are organisers it showed. Still will push for FG.

Hopgood, Gaut etc will make the jump up next year and will keep developing

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
And Ivan took a team that had made week 2 of the finals for the past 3 years to 10th.
Neither side has much to cheer about this year.
I'm not saying we do but there were guys in here who acting as if Madge was Bellamy and going on about him. I remember one even calling him a super coach.

It was that smugness that I referring to when both coaches should be disappointed in their decisions this season.

Last edited:

Panther Mick

Juniors
Certa

Certainly more interesting from the perspective you may assume Wade Egan and Jack Hetherington could be with us next season and I for one hope they are.

Egan was allegedly spotted touring the Warriors set up last week.
The rumour on Hetherington is that he has changed his mind and for the moment is staying.
I would like to keep both too.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Egan was allegedly spotted touring the Warriors set up last week.
The rumour on Hetherington is that he has changed his mind and for the moment is staying.
I would like to keep both too.

I can understand the early releases of DWZ, Waqa Blake and even RCG but I don’t see any benefit whatsoever in allowing Wade Egan to leave.

Wade Egan is not likely to be on any more than 300K, if that, so surely given we have nurtured him thru the juniors what benefit is there to releasing him. I don’t get it!!!

Same with Jack Hetherington, a huge talent, yes he has had a bad 2019 but still he is a talent none the less.

The way this rebuild is looking I can;t help but feel Russell Packer will be in Panthers colours in 2020 albeit only to play CC.

Honestly, I have no faith in the three wise men leading our club at present.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can understand the early releases of DWZ, Waqa Blake and even RCG but I don’t see any benefit whatsoever in allowing Wade Egan to leave.

Wade Egan is not likely to be on any more than 300K, if that, so surely given we have nurtured him thru the juniors what benefit is there to releasing him. I don’t get it!!!

Same with Jack Hetherington, a huge talent, yes he has had a bad 2019 but still he is a talent none the less.

The way this rebuild is looking I can;t help but feel Russell Packer will be in Panthers colours in 2020 albeit only to play CC.

Honestly, I have no faith in the three wise men leading our club at present.

I wonder if it was like folks saying they saw Peach at training this week ? Time will give us the answer I suppose.