What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season

Rich102

Staff member
The Knights are still training on, they don't want to finish 7th next year.
What are our lot doing?

The Knights are still training on, they don't want to finish 7th next year.
What are our lot doing?
Was that the Knights? they finished 11th.
I heard Madge had the Tigers still traning through the finals.
Totally agree with it, as paid an extra 4 weeks for nothing if not training.

Our lot playing Pokies with Broncos players?

Rich102

Staff member
Why didn't super coach think of that.
Wanting to get home to Sydney? or You know, the guys have given everything all season?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Honestly after this season, I'd tell everyone to f**k off for 2 months but when you get back in November your ass belongs to Corvo.

Anyone who falls behind gets left behind.

Good idea to train through to the finals. Pretty smart
Yep, bit of muscle memory, mental longevity, etc to be able to go the distance if and when they make it to the finals.
Also lets the lazy bastards know they will still be training even if you don't make finals.
If Tigers turn it round next year it will start to be adopted by other clubs.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I thought it was fairly common practise for sides to keep training on but maybe not, a few coaches in the past I have heard of them doing it

Will be interesting to see who the new conditioner will be and what approach he takes to things. I know the Manly boys got a hell of a shock last off season with Hasler back, told if they just get through this session he will give them Friday afternoon off, then come lunchtime Friday “changed my mind lads” and flogged then twice as hard lol, his theory is it will toughen them up and expect the unexpected

Kent always says on 360 that some of the Warriors problem is that they think they are working as hard as they ever have, but the Aussie sides are still working harder and have that little edge over them, so maybe they need someone in that will just towel them up relentlessly

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Just got the awards newsletter from the club.
At the foot of the page is an ad from the ACC.
Says
"Less is more for growing bodies.
Let's focus on fun and variety."

Is this the theme going forward?