What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

possm

Coach
There is only 1 Millward left in the joint..Ian's dad left a couple of years ago
The rest of your stuff I agree with except no to Brown as head coach.
Not so, Bob Millward was there as usual last season on stage with the winning junior team. Bob Millward is still a power broker for the Illawarra faction and close to the WIN side of the Board.

possm

Coach
I think Flanagan coming to the Dragons is near enough to a sure thing.

Who else needs an assistant coach and would employ him on so many (reported) restrictions? Sharks need an assistant but I think his time is done there and the rumour is Brown will be the most likely. Roosters? they already have an assistant in Fitzgibbon (who just signed a 3yr extension), and yes, they are losing an assistant but I think they will promote from within to fill that role.

I also found this statement to be interesting - But there will be strict conditions put on Flanagan to ensure he does not overstep the boundaries of an assistant coach and puts time into junior rugby league. The question here is where does junior RL have its boundary, is it SG Ball, HM, JF or even CC?
Apparently, Manly are looking for an assistant to support Hasler in 2020 and I'm afraid that unless Mary is sacked and a new head coach appointed, Flanagan will be heading to Manly. Really, who in their right mind would want to be assistant to Mary.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Apparently, Manly are looking for an assistant to support Hasler in 2020 and I'm afraid that unless Mary is sacked and a new head coach appointed, Flanagan will be heading to Manly. Really, hwo in their right mind would want to be assistant to Mary.
Possm don't disregard the Roosters whom need an assistant to replace the departing Adam O'Brien. Flanno Junior will be at the Chooks in 2020 as Cronks replacement & a father/son partnership could be an attractive proposition.
The brown paper bags and working with Robinson surely would have more appeal than being ignored then blamed by McDeflector.

hewi

Bench
Let’s be realistic here. Firstly it would be great to get him, secondly why would he be an assistant to a moron with a track record of failure? Thirdly, the last person who was an assistant who knew what he was doing was Demetriou and he was shown the door. It would be a poisoned chalice IMO.

Dea

Juniors
Being the smarter, more qualified, higher achiever but sitting in the second chair under McGregor whose record is to throw his assistants under the bus as a sacrifice for McGregors failures or, in the case of Demetrio, if you do your job too well. Doesn’t sound attractive to me. Especially if he could go to work in a successful club and watch his son play at the Roosters.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Girdler on mmm is against Flano taking up an assistance position. Why because his agenda is to protect his mate mediocre Mary. Girdler was a mediocre player and commentator. He should keep his opinion to himself if his agenda is to keep his mate in a job. Flano for me will be our head coach next year when McIdiot contract is over he will be gone if not sooner.

Being the smarter, more qualified, higher achiever but sitting in the second chair under McGregor whose record is to throw his assistants under the bus as a sacrifice for McGregors failures or, in the case of Demetrio, if you do your job too well. Doesn’t sound attractive to me. Especially if he could go to work in a successful club and watch his son play at the Roosters.
After the disaster season of 2019, Gould's input into the season review will be a whitewash in favour of Mary. He will stay as coach but there may be some shuffling of the deck chairs in respect of Mary's underlings. At any rate the ship is sinking.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think with Cronulla playing half their games at Kogarah, its only fair they pay half of Flanagans wages for the year.

When he's not propping up the puppet for the Dragons on game day, he can continue to assist the Narks from behind computer monitor.

Its a win win for all and a dam good cost-cutting avenue for our budget conscious board.

Kudos to Flanno for his John Blackman ( re Ossie Ostrich on Hey Hey Its Saturday ) Award winning performances has earned him a possible double contract with the two nrl clubs.

Who says it doesn't pay to cheat!

SAP58

Juniors
With Jim Dymock going to the Titans Cronulla are now looking for an assistant coach, will that signal a return to Cronulla for Flanagan ?

BLM01

First Grade
With Jim Dymock going to the Titans Cronulla are now looking for an assistant coach, will that signal a return to Cronulla for Flanagan ?
No...they have not departed on good terms in respect to having a role within the club again, especially now his good mate Gal retired and his son has departed

No Mary can follow in Steve Price's footsteps and become the Sharks new assistant for 2020. Maybe they will give him a 3 year deal from 2021 on.
Nasty man!

Lol

Actually, if the club brings in flanno or any other experience coach as an assistant and the team does well, isn’t is a reflection that Mary simply cannot do the job.

Weird strategy. That would be like Sharks bringing say Nathan Brown in as assistant to Morris

Oh wait

BBTB

Juniors
After the disaster season of 2019, Gould's input into the season review will be a whitewash in favour of Mary. He will stay as coach but there may be some shuffling of the deck chairs in respect of Mary's underlings. At any rate the ship is sinking.
The sooner, the better.

Bench
Nasty man!

Lol

Actually, if the club brings in flanno or any other experience coach as an assistant and the team does well, isn’t is a reflection that Mary simply cannot do the job.

Weird strategy. That would be like Sharks bringing say Nathan Brown in as assistant to Morris

Oh wait
What do the Cronulla fans think if Flanagan came back as an assistant coach next season