What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

cooko

Juniors
How do the home/away jerseys work for the GF now that the storm lost to Canberra?

In the even that they make the GF do they get to wear their home or are they now the away team?

forby

Juniors
It depends on who is the higher ranked team, eg if it is roosters v raiders the rooster are home team.

Rooster8

Juniors
It depends on who is the higher ranked team, eg if it is roosters v raiders the rooster are home team.
Interesting thought to what shorts the raiders wear against the Roosters in the GF, cause they'd surely wear their green jerseys. Also, if it's Raiders vs Rabbits in Canberra, would the rabbits be forced to wear their heritage?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
How do the home/away jerseys work for the GF now that the storm lost to Canberra?

In the even that they make the GF do they get to wear their home or are they now the away team?
The last time the minor premier lost Week 1 and still qualified for the Grand Final (incidentally also the Storm) was 2008 - they wore the away jersey while Manly (2nd) qualified higher and wore their home jersey.

However if the Storm qualify for the Grand Final, they'll have to beat the Roosters - the only higher qualified side than them is Canberra, and their home jersey doesn't clash with theirs.

If the Grand Final was to be - for example - Storm v Rabbitohs - then Storm would likely be the "home team" and Souths would wear their away jersey.

ComradePanda

Juniors
Also, if it's Raiders vs Rabbits in Canberra, would the rabbits be forced to wear their heritage?

yes, the alternate will be getting another run in week 3 if we make it there

The higher place rankings only come into play in week 1, in week 3 its whoever earned the right to a home game by winning in week 1

sempmrh

Juniors
It's basically taken me all season to make this decision but I don't care for that yellow Broncos jersey. The yellow is too dark, the maroon looks off (it might be the watermarked stripes within the maroon block that does it) and the numbers just look terrible.

yakstorm

First Grade
It's basically taken me all season to make this decision but I don't care for that yellow Broncos jersey. The yellow is too dark, the maroon looks off (it might be the watermarked stripes within the maroon block that does it) and the numbers just look terrible.

The numbers look purple on the back which just make it look even worse...

broncos-celeb-190808703-sd.jpg

If there weren't able to match the numbers with the maroon on the kit, they should have just back them a neutral colour like Black or White.... at least they wouldn't look so out of place.

I also don't get why they didn't continue the white key line from the maroon block on the chest (and shorts) onto the sleeves...

Not that they would instantly fix the jersey, but it would help make it seem like a more finished kit...

I will say as well, I'm surprised, for a club as big as Brisbane, and who have such a 'basic' jersey design, how few of their sponsors have been integrated into the kit. Outside of NRMA, First Mac, Arrow Energy, Ladbrokes and National Storage are all coloured blocks. It's not like First Mac or Arrow couldn't be integrated better at least.

sempmrh

Juniors
The numbers look purple on the back which just make it look even worse...

broncos-celeb-190808703-sd.jpg

If there weren't able to match the numbers with the maroon on the kit, they should have just back them a neutral colour like Black or White.... at least they wouldn't look so out of place.

I also don't get why they didn't continue the white key line from the maroon block on the chest (and shorts) onto the sleeves...

Not that they would instantly fix the jersey, but it would help make it seem like a more finished kit...

I will say as well, I'm surprised, for a club as big as Brisbane, and who have such a 'basic' jersey design, how few of their sponsors have been integrated into the kit. Outside of NRMA, First Mac, Arrow Energy, Ladbrokes and National Storage are all coloured blocks. It's not like First Mac or Arrow couldn't be integrated better at least.

With the numbers, I think it's a combination of being the wrong colour and having a shine to them.

I find it confusing that such a high profile club can have so few good jerseys in their history. They finally got it (mostly) right again with their previous jersey by ISC and even that was a throw back to a throw back of their original design.

GAZF

First Grade
To reiterate the point that Souths should be forced to have a white alternate jersey on account of not having any adequately contrasting jersey to their main design.

You'd be f**ked watching the Raiders-Souths game with red-green colour blindness. What idiot approved white shorts for Souths?

untitled-11-jpg.29874

flippikat

Bench
To reiterate the point that Souths should be forced to have a white alternate jersey on account of not having any adequately contrasting jersey to their main design.

untitled-11-jpg.29874

Spot on.

The current "oh, but we have different trim on our home and alternate jerseys" logic from Souths is terrible.. making the 2nd alternate red is an insult to the colorblind.

The NRL needs to grow a pair, and demand a white alternate from Souths next year.

GAZF

First Grade
Reminds me of this fail from an NFL "colour rush" game - red vs green

xtffrt3s7cwbktt1ov40.jpg
That one was horrendous.

Spot on.

The current "oh, but we have different trim on our home and alternate jerseys" logic from Souths is terrible.. making the 2nd alternate red is an insult to the colorblind.

The NRL needs to grow a pair, and demand a white alternate from Souths next year.

I'm glad Penrith finally came to their senses.

sempmrh

Juniors
Think about how good Souths’ look would improve by having just one version of their red and green striped jersey - no side panels, no black shoulders or unnecessary trim. They could still wear it with either black or white shorts when appropriate. Then, wear either a white or black version of the old Minties-style jersey for games against the Raiders.