What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Fri - Rabbitohs 34-26 Sea Eagles @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebbo73

Bench
Great game. Silly errors from Manly in the end but the refs didn’t help their cause.
9-3 penalty count
What was the penalty for just before halftime that allowed Souths to go on the attack and score a converted try going into the break? It looked like a soft penalty for mine.

t-ba

Post Whore
Congrats Souths.

Experience told a bit in the end.

A bit of a shame for this to be the game where 2018 Brendan Elliot to reemerge.

Looking forward to seeing what Desmond can do with this offseason, in particular if he can keep Suli on the straight and narrow and find a decent halves partner for DCE.

mozza91

Coach
Hey Mozza

You don't have to explain yourself mate.

You can have an opinion on a player from any club and be free from some sort of invisible time frame preventing you expressing your thoughts.

Go ahead.

And believe it or not, you can actually post those thoughts on any RUGBY LEAGUE website at any time. In any thread you like.

Carry on big boy.

Just play with a straight bat like Slots does. Man up a bit hey.
You started this by quoting me in this thread about something I said elsewhere. Now you’re backpedaling?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Congrats Souths.

Experience told a bit in the end.

A bit of a shame for this to be the game where 2018 Brendan Elliot to reemerge.

Looking forward to seeing what Desmond can do with this offseason, in particular if he can keep Suli on the straight and narrow and find a decent halves partner for DCE.
Cust looked quite good.

Why did he get the flick?

If Des can find some quality backline and forward depth then Manly will be a serious Premiership threat next year.

What a great coach he is. Unreal he was unemployed whilst plods like Kearney and Mary were ticking along.

The Warriors desperately needed Des.

TheFrog

Coach
What a great coach he is. Unreal he was unemployed whilst plods like Kearney and Mary were ticking along.
He was regarded as a plod as well when he took the Dogs to 11th place, having made two GF's and the finals 10 years in a row. Just needed a change of scenery.

t-ba

Post Whore
Cust looked quite good.

Why did he get the flick?

If Des can find some quality backline and forward depth then Manly will be a serious Premiership threat next year.

The Warriors desperately needed Des.

Dessie obviously wanted Walker in the side and there is no f**king way he could drop Parker or Suli.

Walker more than earned his keep last night tbh but going forward I'd prefer an actual half who doesn't have heated gamer moments. Cust and Croker are both options and perhaps Josh Schuster.

Time will tell.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Dessie obviously wanted Walker in the side and there is no f**king way he could drop Parker or Suli.

Walker more than earned his keep last night tbh but going forward I'd prefer an actual half who doesn't have heated gamer moments. Cust and Croker are both options and perhaps Josh Schuster.

Time will tell.

Hopefully Hoppa Jnr will stay injury free, the kid has buckloads of potential...

eagles4eva

First Grade
Definite X-Factor.

I'd love to see him paired with Suli in the centres.

Bradley Parker could be a more than handy second rower imo.
with a decent off season, that could be a master move.. The lad knows how to hit the line @ speed

slamminsam246

Juniors
Manly tripping players, grabbing and pulling players to the ground without the ball, wild tackles in the air, crusher tackles. Not to mention dumb mistakes like your FB and winger running into each other, missing the shot clock

Seems pretty ill disciplined to me

Haha Elliot tackled in the air, grub Burgess takes out Parker chasing an in goal grubber 7mins b4 halftime (no sin bin not even a penalty?), eye gouge from Cook/Knight, knockon in play the ball called a strip by Jurbos head/shoulder (how?)...
Manly misdemeanors punished - bunnies ignored. Hope you get Suttoned in Canberra next week when they move on to the Viking Script.
Need refs help to beat a Manly team missing their gun fullback and both 2nd rowers. Raiders 13+

yobbo84

First Grade
EE8Pq_sU8AEDodd

Congrats to Souths on the win, and Manly were very gutsy. I thought the sin binning of Jake T was a rough call to say the least. Seemed like Souths got the rub of the green from the match officials. Pity it is what will be talked about the most out of what was a gripping game.

mave

Coach
Seeing the replay, it is curious that Sam did not get penalised for taking GOAT Parker out, off the ball , whilst he was chasing a grubber kick.

No way was the GOAT going to score, but certainly worthy of a penalty.....if the refs had chosen to actually referee more than 1 side that is.

KOMORI

Juniors

No penalty, no sin bin, play on. As much of a try scoring chance as the Gagai one. I guess this was one of those little insignificant things, right?
Sam is pretty lucky to still have that arm methinks!!!

But yeah... one rule for some and “let’s nitpick the other team relentlessly” ffs :rage:

butchmcdick

Immortal
Seeing the replay, it is curious that Sam did not get penalised for taking GOAT Parker out, off the ball , whilst he was chasing a grubber kick.

No way was the GOAT going to score, but certainly worthy of a penalty.....if the refs had chosen to actually referee more than 1 side that is.

It’s no Foran hand of god that’s for sure

ram raid

Bench
No, asking for consistency. Which there wasn't. Again, I ask how a team can not commit one illegality in 53 minutes of a game. Which they did. You just think those would be even up penalties. And minor or not they change games as evidenced by the fact that every South's score came off the back of a penalty. Funny no mention by you of the eye gouge by Cook that I showed above.

I don't have the answer to that, and I'd have to go back and watch last nights game to give an opinion on the validity of the penalties. But I do know that Manly have been playing a spoiling brand of football lately. That game against Canberra for example. There's a reason there was 5 million penalties. It's because Manly came to spoil. Maybe that happened last night?

Latest posts