What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chad to the Broncos..

txta2

Bench
Flanagan is not better than chad.
The kid showed potential and was poached by a bigger club.
One is a veteran, one is a rookie.
Chad is better, by this time next year he won't be

Last edited:

ghoti

Bench
Yep.

He wanted out. He didn’t want anything to do with the club.

Not anyone’s fault.

No point crying about it. He’s the most boring promising junior I’ve ever seen.

I'm all for grooming up and coming players as they rise through the ranks, but what the f**k did he actually do when given his opportunity? Played some shockers, played some good ones, peaked as a solid first grade half and then wanted...what? A guaranteed first grade spot? Mayyybe he'll come good but I can see him playing a fair bit of reserve grade at the Rorts..

Not fussed about him going and there was no strong indication that he was going to be an improvement on Townsend in the short term.

txta2

Bench
I'm all for grooming up and coming players as they rise through the ranks, but what the f**k did he actually do when given his opportunity? Played some shockers, played some good ones, peaked as a solid first grade half and then wanted...what? A guaranteed first grade spot? Mayyybe he'll come good but I can see him playing a fair bit of reserve grade at the Rorts..

Not fussed about him going and there was no strong indication that he was going to be an improvement on Townsend in the short term.
In Round 13 of the 2019 NRL season, Flanagan scored 18 individual points which included a try and seven goals as Cronulla defeated Parramatta 42-22 at Shark Park
This is a 20 year old rookie on half the coin of Chad. If Chad was moved , cap issues solved.
Can't believe none at the club could see through their Chad coloured glasses at the potential Flanno holds.
Even if he did flunk they have halves options.

Quicksilver

Bench
They aren’t just going to drop an established player at the drop of the hat

That would be woeful for team continuity.

The onus is on the young player to bust in and there’s usually a bit of to and fro until they make it. That’s 100% normal.

The guy got a go and might have been able to go on with it if he wanted to stay. No one gets a free pass to first grade selection at the start.

None of it matters though. The kid didn’t want to be here and the dad hates the club because they couldn’t cheat successfully together.

Might as well argue about the advantages of having Andrew Johns play halfback for us.

According to Fox Sports Jack Bird won’t be migrating from Brisbane.

No clubs are interested.

I’m sure the expensive freight would be one issue amongst other issues.

sandshark

Bench
According to Fox Sports Jack Bird won’t be migrating from Brisbane.

No clubs are interested.

I’m sure the expensive freight would be one issue amongst other issues.
The free daily big mac clause in his contract always puts a few clubs off.

carcharias

Immortal
Pretty sure Joey spent more time out injured than bird.
Same as Scott Prince
Both came back and won comps
Shoulder and sternum injuries are take ages to heal.
It’s not like he is snapping his knee every year.

I reckon Bird will come good again.
He is too cocksure to give up.

Latest posts