What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashstep

Juniors
I have no issue with the call either but I think mxlegend brings up a very good point in regards to professional fouls on potential try scoring plays especially when it comes to deliberate penalties in the red zone and when teams clearly have the momentum, you can easily argue that these types of penalties are even more of a professional foul then some of the ones we see. But instead of defending teams being punished for it they’re rewarded with a breather and can reset their defensive line, just makes the game boring and slow and really we should be trying to promote the game as entertainment as much as possible.

I think the refs need to have a good look at professional fouls in the coming off season to be honest.

OldPanther

Coach
I have no issue with the call either but I think mxlegend brings up a very good point in regards to professional fouls on potential try scoring plays especially when it comes to deliberate penalties in the red zone and when teams clearly have the momentum, you can easily argue that these types of penalties are even more of a professional foul then some of the ones we see. But instead of defending teams being punished for it they’re rewarded with a breather and can reset their defensive line, just makes the game boring and slow and really we should be trying to promote the game as entertainment as much as possible.

I think the refs need to have a good look at professional fouls in the coming off season to be honest.

They were calling those last year and everyone complained. The biggest issue is if the refs call things properly fans complain about "flow of the game" but if they don't they are being inconsistent.

franklin2323

Immortal
They were calling those last year and everyone complained. The biggest issue is if the refs call things properly fans complain about "flow of the game" but if they don't they are being inconsistent.

The thing is they could call a penalty on every tackle so need a better sense of the game. Those teams want the game slow so stopping the play only disadvantages the attacking team.

Getting too stop start as a result

franklin2323

Immortal
Got no issue with the call. Deliberate act that stopped a try scoring opportunity. I don’t think we need to muddy that rule any further. Big call in the context of the game but seemed pretty Black & White to me.

That then opens every penalty given to being a sin binning though

OldPanther

Coach
The thing is they could call a penalty on every tackle so need a better sense of the game. Those teams want the game slow so stopping the play only disadvantages the attacking team.

Getting too stop start as a result

You keep calling the penalties until clubs give in and play by the rules. A lot of issues is with players/coaches pushing the rules because people make the same argument you have here so they know they can get away with it some times as the refs try to have a "feel" for the game instead of officiate like they're suppose to.

Blues Riff

Bench
Hang on. I haven't been around much. Are we discussing this merkin in a Penrith jersey? FMD.
dylan-walker_68ihoakue1so1para4quahdt8.jpg

On the positive side, one thing are youngsters lack is arrogance.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Walker was tremendous last night. People will focus on Suli but Walker absolutely destroyed Reynolds. The double pumping and deception had him in no mans land. Imagine Walker doing that but having Kikau take advantage of the isolated oppositon half instead.

Kilkenny

Coach
Hitting a spouse is never a 1 time thing. Scum merkins will scum forever

I think the allegation against Dylan Walker was that he pushed his partner who may have been holding there child or baby at the time. Hitting infers the more serious action such as punching. He was acquitted by the Court so I’m not sure he earns the title of scum merkin and I say this regardless of whether he is being pursued by the Panthers or not. I’m sure he is not proud of his actions and the matter has been dealt with and hopefully he is a better person for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
You keep calling the penalties until clubs give in and play by the rules. A lot of issues is with players/coaches pushing the rules because people make the same argument you have here so they know they can get away with it some times as the refs try to have a "feel" for the game instead of officiate like they're suppose to.

The reason they give those penalties though is to slow things down. If play doesn't slow down what is the incentive to do it? By playing advantage in those type of situations will fix the problem.

A set defensive line. Fullback in the line means the defence is actually better off. It is why the points per game keeps decreasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts