What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Intrust Super Cup

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Sunny Coast are the biggest sure things in 'QLD Cup' history. Biggest sure things since Wynnum in 84 in fact.

Storm have had feeder teams in the Queensland Cup for 22 years. The only one of those feeder teams to win the Premiership was the first one - Norths in 1998.

Redcliffe are the big dangers from the lower four - very hopeful of Wynnum winning this week and avoid playing them until possibly in the GF. Other scenario is lose to Burleigh and then have to face Redcliffe with wind in their sails. We could go out in straight sets if that happens.

Go Tweed!

Brutus

Referee
It's still Sunny Coast's to lose.

Norths should belt Easts this weekend.

Other tips, Redcliffe by 20, Sunshine Coast by 14 and Wynnum by 6.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
All four lower-placed away teams have won in the first week of Queensland Cup finals:

Redcliffe 25 def Tweed Seagulls 24
Easts 24 def Norths 20
Burleigh 34 def Wynnum Manly 32
Townsville 20 def Sunshine Coast 12

Next Week

Wynnum Manly v Redcliffe at Kougari Oval (on Gem)
Sunshine Coast v Easts at Sunshine Coast Stadium (on Foxtel)

Both games at 12.05pm on Sunday (You have to wonder...)

Burleigh and Townsville have the week off.

Brutus

Referee
Congrats to Redcliffe for wearing a strip that is virtually identical to their classic late 70's-80s strip.

Norths had the right idea last year, but for some reason had to make a slight change this year. The silly all light blue away thing they wore against Wynnum has to go it's awful.

Teams need to ditch their predominately white away strips. Easts and Wynnum in particular. Souths are the only ones who should be predominately white (with the black V of course).

Keep the jerseys as close to the designs and colours of the 80s and you can't go wrong.

I am only talking about the traditional Brisbane clubs of course. The rest can please themselves.

For retro round next year all Brisbane clubs should wear their 80's State League strips.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
The jersey Townsville wore against Wynnum a couple of weeks ago was ridiculous. You battled to tell the teams apart. I known it was Women in League Round but how about thinking about who you are playing?

436a0320.jpg

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wynnum Manly 20 def Redcliffe 16 at Kougari Oval
Sunshine Coast 22 def Easts 14 at Sunshine Coast Stadium

Next Week

Townsville v Wynnum Manly at Jack Manski Oval 3pm Saturday

Burleigh v Sunshine Coast at Pizzey Park 3.05pm Sunday

XXXX Cap

Juniors
We can but hope....

The Colts finals next week are very similar to Q Cup :

Wynnum Manly v Mackay at Jack Manski Oval

Sunshine Coast v Burleigh at Pizzey Park

Blackhawks were Minor Premiers in Colts but have gone out in straight sets, losing 6-30 to Mackay yesterday.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Assuming of course that you consider that the NRLW is a more significant competition and should get the preferred time slots on Fox and Nine.

Oh I forgot, it's got NRL in its name so it must be more important. More people and more passion at Kougari than for the NRLW at Parramatta yesterday.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Awesome having Fox Sports showing a semi.

Wynnum v Falcons GF.

The sunny coast had want to be better than they were yesterday to beat Burleigh. I’m picking a bears v blackhawks grand final. I’ve got my tickets & flying over from Perth for it as well.

Brutus

Referee
The sunny coast had want to be better than they were yesterday to beat Burleigh. I’m picking a bears v blackhawks grand final. I’ve got my tickets & flying over from Perth for it as well.

Nah Sunny Coast should be near full strength will clean the Bears up just like they did during the season proper.

Wynnum v Falcons would be the best chance for a sell-out crowd.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Nah Sunny Coast should be near full strength will clean the Bears up just like they did during the season proper.

Wynnum v Falcons would be the best chance for a sell-out crowd.

You mean the Bears are at full strength. Falcons have a tonne of injuries out of the last two weeks. Having Nicho Hynes back is a massive boost but they have Chris Lewis needing to be needled to get through games, Curtis Scott carrying a foot injury and Dane Hogan dealing with multiple concussions.

Bears with a week off at Home is a tough assignment.

Wynnum will have all the confidence in the world after last weekend and should dust the blackhawks

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Whilst I'm hopeful, it will take another big effort against Townsville to make it through.

Wynnum have had two very physically hard games in a row. The loss of Matiu Love-Henry for the season in the last round has left a hole and losing Max Elliott early on last week with concussion was another big man gone. Hopefully he is back at 100% this week.

Won't want Gebbie making too many mistakes this week even if he is worth a try every game.

The Gulls are certainly due for a win in Townsville.

Brutus

Referee
Storm may drop a big name player for the weekend which could further impact the Falcons.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wynnum Manly is the first side through to the Queensland Cup Grand Final with a 26-14 victory over Townsville in a riveting match.

The Gulls Colts are also through with a 34-6 win over Mackay.

To make it a great day for the red and green, the Wynnum BRL team scored a late try to defeat Valleys 22-20 in the Grand Final, the only time they had led all day.

Brutus

Referee
Great win by the mighty Gulls today.

Watched it on the priceless Seagulls TV.

Brian Naylor and Ray Duncan would be so proud.

Sunshine Coast is the minor premier with the best win/loss record (and for/against )that didn’t go on to make the grand final at least in Q Cup history anyway.

Wynnum Manly (1997 - 18 p : 14 w - 1 d - 3 l) North Qld Young Guns (2007 - 20: 15-0-5), Souths Logan (2009 - 22: 16-0-6) & (2010 - 22: 17-0-5), Northern Pride (2013 - 22: 17-0-5) were the other minor premiers that didn’t go on to make the grand final in Q Cup history with nowhere near the Falcons record this year.