What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

2yeKw1V.jpg
There was also a red home jersey from memory (cheers for the pic)

flippikat

Bench
That's really cool.

I remember the Rams rocking a plain mustard yellow jersey for a couple of games as well before their demise:

adelaide-rams-alternative-away-shirt-1998-s_3007_1.jpg

pzaYkvV.jpg

Alternate Jersey from 1998 against Newcastle & I think Norths as well.

Lacks a little in creativity, but served it's purpose.

kdalymc

Bench
A variation on this would be very cool for an Adelaide expansion team.

Home: Mostly red with blue/gold V
Alternate/Away: Mostly gold with blue/red V

Heritage: the dreaded mankini design, or this...

images
Is nice but the last thing we need is another blue team...

hellteam

First Grade
Saw that post on an Adelaide Rams Instagram page the other day.

There are so many good vintage rugby league Instagram pages around now. A lot of good stuff to be bought as well.

I've got dozens of 80s/90s league jerseys..hopefully they can fund my retirement one day :p

flippikat

Bench
Is nice but the last thing we need is another blue team...

Yep, that's why I said home: mostly red (blue/gold V), away: mostly gold (blue/red V)

The only time they'd wear the blue striped one would be a heritage round.

I think there's still room for ONE more team in mostly blue, but the blue would have to be a *unique shade* between the faded blue of the current Sharks team and the royal blue of Bulldogs & Eels.

This shade of blue.

cronulla-sutherland-sharks-home-shirt-2003-2004-s_2382_1.jpg

Actually, I think that shade of blue, plus maroon & white would be perfect for a Titans rebrand. (Being a team pretty close to the NSW/Queensland border and all...)

Nuke

Staff member
With the release of the new Newcastle Knights logo the other day, I, like most Novocastrians I imagine, was shaking my head at the removal of the word 'NEWCASTLE' from the logo.

The switching of direction was something I felt was coming eventually from a few years ago, and the change of font from the unique style to something a bit more simple I also knew was coming (they used something similar on their letterheads and in membership letters about this time last year and into the new year, so I knew it wasn't far off).

I played with the logo for fun last year sometime, and felt they'd benefit from removing the black from the logo too. Blue is a dark, solid colour, and given the Knights are red-and-blue, to me, the changing of the black to blue I felt would be logical.

All that in mind, with the new logo released and my suggested couple of tweaks, this is what I'd personally prefer to see as the logo.

* Red and blue (with the necessary white) only.
* 'NEWCASTLE' in place of 'KNIGHTS' ... as really, you can see by the helmet they're the Knights!
NK alternate.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
With the release of the new Newcastle Knights logo the other day, I, like most Novocastrians I imagine, was shaking my head at the removal of the word 'NEWCASTLE' from the logo.

The switching of direction was something I felt was coming eventually from a few years ago, and the change of font from the unique style to something a bit more simple I also knew was coming (they used something similar on their letterheads and in membership letters about this time last year and into the new year, so I knew it wasn't far off).

I played with the logo for fun last year sometime, and felt they'd benefit from removing the black from the logo too. Blue is a dark, solid colour, and given the Knights are red-and-blue, to me, the changing of the black to blue I felt would be logical.

All that in mind, with the new logo released and my suggested couple of tweaks, this is what I'd personally prefer to see as the logo.

* Red and blue (with the necessary white) only.
* 'NEWCASTLE' in place of 'KNIGHTS' ... as really, you can see by the helmet they're the Knights!
View attachment 33190
Nice work. Would you go with a white keyline on red/blue backgrounds?

Nuke

Staff member
Nice work. Would you go with a white keyline on red/blue backgrounds?

Yeah, I have no problem with them doing what they're doing now with this logo (white keyline around the emblem, changing the text to white).
It'd look something like this...
NK alternate v2.jpg

Latest posts