What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Kornstar

Coach
We could of got every call our way, and we would still of lost. We just aren’t in the same league. We just look way off the pace. Mental thing? Preparation? Coaching? No idea. What I do know is we need a better defensive coach. The top 4 teams were the best defensive teams all year

Refs had nothing to do with the result, just stating facts and that we weren’t interested from the outset, it was there for everyone to see.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unsurprising and fairly predictable.

3 more high quality purchases and we'll be a Premiership contender. We won't be too far away if that can happen.

What if we only get one?
I still don't think BA will ever be good enough to take us to a GF.

Pugzley

Besides Dylan Brown I’d give 32 lashes to every player on the field.

They were shit.

aSbRk2M.gif

Bazal

Post Whore

They were shit.

You're very volatile, though.

Mahoney, Paulo, Alvaro, N Brown were good. Moses tried his guts out but he was really on a hiding to nothing with 6 or 7 sets in possession for the first 30 mins or so.

Moeroa and Niukore got just about KO'd almost straight away so hard to judge them either way too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Disappointing to lose so comprehensively, but pretty much expected to struggle in Melbourne. I reckon we need to stop hyping up the rivalry with the cheating merkins so much tbh...we lose our heads too easily against them.

A deserving 5th place after a pretty bloody good season is nothing to be upset about though. And with a full season with that backline, Brown and Mahoney with the experience under their belt...there's not much to whinge about tbh.

The coach hasn't the tactics to get us to the next level. To many times in big games we go to shit. Looking at both squads why are the Storm so much better? Has to be coach.
But I agree prob not to many better coaches. Unsure what happens in 2020

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Unfortunately I see very little light at the end of the tunnel, I think Parramatta will for many years to come, be viewed as the joke of the league, most of this mob did not have a go and are mentally inept, they are just as likely to once again be at the bottom next year due to this one game, I believe they suffer from Fragile X.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Dragons fans here...
Well done on your season. Was rooting for you guys against the Storm and you did an awesome job smashing the Broncos. Just unfortunate tonight and sometimes for some odd reason flogging a team isn't great preparation for a tough match the following week (last year the Broncos flogged Manly in their final round game, we flogged them in the first week of the finals and then lost). Similarly, in 2009 we flogged you guys in the final round of the regular season (mind you I was there at the time and told others not to read into it too much at the time as you were missing Hindmarsh and I think another player and we scored all our tries where they would normally be) then you guys hammered us the following week. I reckon you guys have a solid relatively young team to work with for next year and good to see some of the effort in cover defence.

Bazal

Post Whore
The coach hasn't the tactics to get us to the next level. To many times in big games we go to shit. Looking at both squads why are the Storm so much better? Has to be coach.

Yawn.

We were never, ever going to beat the Storm getting into the wrestle with them. We had to attack the edges. And you can't talk attacking tactics when you have 15% of the footy for half an hour.

Mr Negative 85%

Tooooks

Bench
Dragons fans here...
Well done on your season. Was rooting for you guys against the Storm and you did an awesome job smashing the Broncos. Just unfortunate tonight and sometimes for some odd reason flogging a team isn't great preparation for a tough match the following week (last year the Broncos flogged Manly in their final round game, we flogged them in the first week of the finals and then lost). Similarly, in 2009 we flogged you guys in the final round of the regular season (mind you I was there at the time and told others not to read into it too much at the time as you were missing Hindmarsh and I think another player and we scored all our tries where they would normally be) then you guys hammered us the following week. I reckon you guys have a solid relatively young team to work with for next year and good to see some of the effort in cover defence.

Thanks for the nice words. Hopefully your guys are much improved next year too.

Happy MEel

First Grade

They were shit.
I thought Taka was good in limited minutes and whilst Lane didn’t do anything great, he wasn’t terrible. Mahoney had a mixed bag as well. The rest can get lashed.

strider

Post Whore
The $1m+ above the salary cap probably helps too

Tooooks

Bench
Yawn.

We were never, ever going to beat the Storm getting into the wrestle with them. We had to attack the edges. And you can't talk attacking tactics when you have 15% of the footy for half an hour.

Mr Negative 85%

We were a whisker away from beating them two years ago with an inferior squad and going straight to a prelim. But nah, he doesn’t have the tactics.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yawn.

Mr Negative 85%

Like when the dogs got beaten by 1 point with my game plan hey?

Chipmunk

Coach
Who and in what positions?

1. We need to replace Ma'u
2. Evans is not going to be one of the best four middle forward at a Premiership contender...He is the type of player who gets 20-25 mins as number 17 in the squad only, so we need another middle (that is on top of RCG)
3. Brown and Mahoney are good kids and will be great in the future, but are we going to be a Premiership contender in the next 12 months with BOTH of them as our 6 and 9, I'd suggest probably not.

Who isn't my problem.

Tooooks

Bench
I don't think so. I mean Bellamy has unearthed some super kids. And recruited guys like Papenhuzen and Ado carr.

I agree that Bellamy is an outstanding coach but BA would be successful with that squad.

Look at how Trent Robinson went a few years ago when he wasn’t stacked with nearly all rep players. Nearly got the spoon.