What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Chipmunk

Coach
What if we only get one?
I still don't think BA will ever be good enough to take us to a GF.

I'd be surprised if he is the coach the next time we win a comp, but my position on that hasn't changed for a few years.

If we get one we might get ourselves close and maybe jag it.

84 Baby

Referee
As long as we can build on this year, next year then who gives a flying f**k?

Although part of me, when we were down 22-0 was really hoping we’d score 4 converted tries and Scum lose because of Smith’s goal kicking

hindy111

Post Whore
1. We need to replace Ma'u
2. Evans is not going to be one of the best four middle forward at a Premiership contender...He is the type of player who gets 20-25 mins as number 17 in the squad only, so we need another middle (that is on top of RCG)
3. Brown and Mahoney are good kids and will be great in the future, but are we going to be a Premiership contender in the next 12 months with BOTH of them as our 6 and 9, I'd suggest probably not.

Who isn't my problem.

We also lack speed out wide. MJ,Sivo amd Fergo plus Gutho aren't fast.

hindy111

Post Whore
LOL.

K champ. How much did Dean Pay give you for the consult?

You're a hindsight hero and literally no one but a fellow genius in The Ram gives a pinch of Cam Smith's shit what you have to say.

I was the only one on here who said best way to beat Storm was slow slow game and rain would be good. Everyone seemed to think we wanted a fast game cause had more skill then they have. I wish it pissed down 5 x as hard and was a sloppy slug fest. A fast game and Storm gets on a roll and burn you with speed on edge.

As long as we can build on this year, next year then who gives a flying f**k?

Although part of me, when we were down 22-0 was really hoping we’d score 4 converted tries and Scum lose because of Smith’s goal kicking
Yeah bring on next year. But do I have to be a year older when it happens? I'm definitely getting too big for my knees.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Disappointing to lose so comprehensively, but pretty much expected to struggle in Melbourne. I reckon we need to stop hyping up the rivalry with the cheating merkins so much tbh...we lose our heads too easily against them.

A deserving 5th place after a pretty bloody good season is nothing to be upset about though. And with a full season with that backline, Brown and Mahoney with the experience under their belt...there's not much to whinge about tbh.

Yep your right, always next year, or the year after that, don’t know too many fans who would be so philosophical after a spineless effort as tonight, but your a keeper bazal, keep up the good fight as I’m sure we will go one better next year.:ok_hand:

Bazal

Post Whore
I was the only one on here who said best way to beat Storm was slow slow game and rain would be good. Everyone seemed to think we wanted a fast game cause had more skill then they have. I wish it pissed down 5 x as hard and was a sloppy slug fest. A fast game and Storm gets on a roll and burn you with speed on edge.

You are an idiot.

The Storm are the kings of slow footy and you want to play exactly into their game plan LMAO.

But, once again, tell me how you can say anything about our attacking game plan when we had 6 sets of football in 30 odd minutes?

What evidence do you have of what our tactics were or weren't when we didn't even have the ball?

You're just sitting there spouting rubbish because you love the smell of your own bullshit lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We where a bit better then the sides ranked between 6th and 15th. Not a whole lot better.
Plenty of those sides if where in finals against us tonight would make it a 50/50 game. Tigers,Dogs,Cowboys,Dragons. We are not a whole lot better then any of those team's.
But we played well this season. We won some close games and put in a few awesome displays.
The question is how far are we behind the top 3 sides? And how close are we to the bottom few. Will we go up a gear next year or will it be another flip of the coin season.
Unless we see a few more recruits I am unsure if the squad will be any better.
Melbourne were minor premiers by six points. Their points differential was 70 points better than the next best side and 180 points better than the third best.

They were in second gear last week and only lost by two points. And we were lucky enough to come up against them yet again.

Our last seven finals losses, going back to 2005, were against the Storm (five times) and Cowboys (twice). In that time we've won seven finals matches, against six different teams (Manly, Warriors, Dogs x 2, Dragons, Titans, Broncos).

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep your right, always next year, or the year after that, don’t know too many fans who would be so philosophical after a spineless effort as tonight, but your a keeper bazal, keep up the good fight as I’m sure we will go one better next year.:ok_hand:

Yeah, nah, you're right. It's much more fun to be a miserable moaning shit who wants to see nothing but the negatives.

You must be stoked. Nothing better than misery, amirite??

Chipmunk

Coach
I agree that Bellamy is an outstanding coach but BA would be successful with that squad.

Look at how Trent Robinson went a few years ago when he wasn’t stacked with nearly all rep players. Nearly got the spoon.

In fairness to Trent Robinson, the only time he hasn't made the Top 2 is when Pearce, Cordner AND JWH were unavailable for the first 1/3rd of a season.

hindy111

Post Whore
You are an idiot.

The Storm are the kings of slow footy and you want to play exactly into their game plan LMAO.

But, once again, tell me how you can say anything about our attacking game plan when we had 6 sets of football in 30 odd minutes?

What evidence do you have of what our tactics were or weren't when we didn't even have the ball?

You're just sitting there spouting rubbish because you love the smell of your own bullshit lol.

85% correct.

hindy111

Post Whore
Melbourne were minor premiers by six points. Their points differential was 70 points better than the next best side and 180 points better than the third best.

They were in second gear last week and only lost by two points. And we were lucky enough to come up against them yet again.

Our last seven finals losses, going back to 2005, were against the Storm (five times) and Cowboys (twice). In that time we've won seven finals matches, against six different teams (Manly, Warriors, Dogs x 2, Dragons, Titans, Broncos).

I'm just upset. A 4 point loss and I wouldn't of minded. But blown away in 20mins.

Latest posts