What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Happy MEel

First Grade
1. We need to replace Ma'u
2. Evans is not going to be one of the best four middle forward at a Premiership contender...He is the type of player who gets 20-25 mins as number 17 in the squad only, so we need another middle (that is on top of RCG)
3. Brown and Mahoney are good kids and will be great in the future, but are we going to be a Premiership contender in the next 12 months with BOTH of them as our 6 and 9, I'd suggest probably not.

Who isn't my problem.
Mate, Drown was our best tonight by a long way and Mahoney was in our top 5. They are a shining light and we are golden with them in our spine. Evans is absolutely fine in a strong middle forward rotation, which we should have next year, but we do need to replace Mau

Chipmunk

Coach
Mate, Drown was our best tonight by a long way and Mahoney was in our top 5. They are a shining light and we are golden with them in our spine. Evans is absolutely fine in a strong middle forward rotation, which we should have next year, but we do need to replace Mau

I think Drown and Mahoney are both great and going to be great, but if we want to be a Premiership contender in 2020, with Moses and Gutherson as our other spine players, that it probably isn't going to be possible with these two BOTH in those positions next season.

Evans is rubbish. He wasn't required at the current Premiers and current Premiership favourites to reach that position.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was boys against men, just showed the difference between us and the top sides.

The boys tried their hearts out but the Storm are in a different league.

Chipmunk

Coach
It was boys against men, just showed the difference between us and the top sides.

The boys tried their hearts out but the Storm are in a different league.

I'm actually surprised that people are surprised this was the case. We were going to need more luck than most teams in history have had to go anywhere tonight, and we certainly never helped our cause.

The Storm didn't win the Minor Premiership by 6 points and have a For and Against more than 270 points better than us by a fluke.

Chipmunk

Coach
Nah, we’re very slow. I love gutho, but he’s a snail. MJ has lost pace and sivo doesn’t look like a speedster.

Both players made plenty of the backs in the Broncos look pretty slow last week...How slow are they then?

IFR33K

Coach
Both players made plenty of the backs in the Broncos look pretty slow last week...How slow are they then?

How slow? Not sure but they’re not quick.

And you’re reading too much into last weeks efforts. Broncos were drunk.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's actually pretty funny...in hindsight the biggest mistake we've probably made is beating Manly in the last round. If we hadn't would we have made light work of the Sharks like Manly did and also Souths last night?

I'd suggest in hindsight this was going to be the better option for week 2.

Chipmunk

Coach
How slow? Not sure but they’re not quick.

And you’re reading too much into last weeks efforts. Broncos were drunk.

Gutho and Sivo still had too much speed for the Broncos outside backs, irrespective of the result.

Djay

Juniors
Coming down here today I always had in the back of my head that we could get flogged, and it became a reality. And that sums up Parramatta perfectly though, they never fill you with confidence and no matter what you never know what could happen.

Proud of what the boys have achieved this year after last years debacle. The issue is we now need to build on this but I remember 2 years ago exactly heading home from Melbourne in 2017 saying don’t worry next year we will get it, and that’s far from a sure thing with Parramatta, in fact seeing us win a spoon next year wouldn’t surprise me. Yea call me negative but it is the harsh facts with this club, yes the teams young and future stars like Mahoney and Brown will learn a lot from tonight but tonight was a prime example of boys against men. We have no idea how to handle big games against big teams on big occasions, totally overwhelmed. Tonight also showed just how badly we need some real punch in the middle with our forwards, they had us covered sideline to sideline and we needed to dent them in the middle but we just don’t have the forwards. RCG is a start but we seriously need another 2 atleast. I know we are going hard for atleast one more but tonight exposed our forward frailties. I’m sure the whole week was focused around having a good start, What did we do? We lost the ball on our first set coming out of our end. Followed by allowing Addo-Carr to run 70m and score an arsey try.

It just shows that are we really ever learning? 2 years on and what has changed?

Anyways I’m proud of what had been achieved, the boys came over and thanked us and that was good to see, our supporter base is great and I always say it, god help anyone the day we win, our fans are special. But in saying that it just seems like that day may never come, we are just miles off and judging off recent times i don’t know if that gap will ever be bridged.

Onwards and upwards to next year, who knows what is in store for us, I just hope we can build on what we have done this year.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
We did not play well or get allowed to play well. They just looked a lot better than us.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We did not play well of get allowed to play well. They just looked a lot better than us.
If we just keep making the finals every year we'll be able to put together strong consecutive performances in finals matches.

In tonight's game we played the best team in the comp coming off a loss, and they put in their best defensive performance of the year. We started a bit nervy and by the 20 minute mark we were exhausted and unable to come back.

More experience will mean better starts more consistently. Especially more big game experience, which RCG will bring, plus if we start 2020 well we'll get some merkins in Origin.

T-Boon

Coach
I think the Roosters are the best team in the comp. well drilled plus individual brilliance. The storm don’t have that.

Latest posts