What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW3 Fri - Raiders 16-10 Rabbitohs @ GIO

Finals Week 3: Raiders v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
Too Tough to call , heart vs brain , David v Goliath, Battle of Marathon

so will just say , the winner has a chance to win the premiership!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Everything points to the Raiders but I still can’t trust them. BJ or Simple Jack could have one of those games that makes every lone shake their head.

I think Souths are by far the worst of the remaining 4 sides and had everything go their way to beat an understrength Manly side last week. However I’m reminded of 2013 when a Manly side looking busted but with finals experience came over the top of a red hot Souths to book a GF spot. If Raiders aren’t careful same could happen here.

I do though think it will be more like The Sharks v Cowboys 2016 when NQ were obviously spent and the fresh Sharks took them to the sword. Raiders by 14.

Galeforce

Bench
Everything points to the Raiders but I still can’t trust them. BJ or Simple Jack could have one of those games that makes every lone shake their head.

I think Souths are by far the worst of the remaining 4 sides and had everything go their way to beat an understrength Manly side last week. However I’m reminded of 2013 when a Manly side looking busted but with finals experience came over the top of a red hot Souths to book a GF spot. If Raiders aren’t careful same could happen here.

I do though think it will be more like The Sharks v Cowboys 2016 when NQ were obviously spent and the fresh Sharks took them to the sword. Raiders by 14.

Geez , you make some dumb biased statements , I can only assume you did not watch the game.

for starters

Two of manly's tries were as a result of Souths loose ball handling and giving Manly the ball in great field position.Without this , the game would not have been close.

Souths , if "everything went their way" ( such a stupid statement) would have got a penalty try when Roberts was tripped. He touched the ball going down , he has great hands/coordination and most likely would have gotten the ball for a try. The videos refs missed this and focused on direction of ball after Roberts was down.

Walkr is sinbinned for stupidly slapping Manly player.........yet Manly player who performed head slam on Dewey is already tackled and is under at least two Manly players stays on the field. Souths get a penalty yet lose player.............YES everything going Souths way . Manly scored a try during Walker's absence.Wake up dope.

Souths had two of their backline players taken off the field after Manly scored ( off a Souths dropped ball) ........the score was 26-20 in Manly favour at that time.
"every thing going Souths way".......what a dumb merkin

Souths were making a break with a fully reaarranged backline and actually had a 2 on 1 situation , with Gagai on the other side when he illegal ly had his jersey grabbed and subsequently went down. Souths bombed the try chance , however rightly got a penalty and 50/50 call by referee to sin bin Jake............by the break , I believe momentum was already with Souths , before the sin bin.

Souths had Sam taken off for head for the last 5 minutes........however they held on to record a great win.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Raiders to win 28-27 after an Adam Reynolds field goal in the 79th minute 10 metres out when the Raiders had three players in the sin bin.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Geez , you make some dumb biased statements , I can only assume you did not watch the game.

for starters

Two of manly's tries were as a result of Souths loose ball handling and giving Manly the ball in great field position.Without this , the game would not have been close.

Souths , if "everything went their way" ( such a stupid statement) would have got a penalty try when Roberts was tripped. He touched the ball going down , he has great hands/coordination and most likely would have gotten the ball for a try. The videos refs missed this and focused on direction of ball after Roberts was down.

Walkr is sinbinned for stupidly slapping Manly player.........yet Manly player who performed head slam on Dewey is already tackled and is under at least two Manly players stays on the field. Souths get a penalty yet lose player.............YES everything going Souths way . Manly scored a try during Walker's absence.Wake up dope.

Souths had two of their backline players taken off the field after Manly scored ( off a Souths dropped ball) ........the score was 26-20 in Manly favour at that time.
"every thing going Souths way".......what a dumb merkin

Souths were making a break with a fully reaarranged backline and actually had a 2 on 1 situation , with Gagai on the other side when he illegal ly had his jersey grabbed and subsequently went down. Souths bombed the try chance , however rightly got a penalty and 50/50 call by referee to sin bin Jake............by the break , I believe momentum was already with Souths , before the sin bin.

Souths had Sam taken off for head for the last 5 minutes........however they held on to record a great win.

U wot m8?

Walker shouldn’t have been sin binned? Douhei got head slammed? :joy: it was nothing more then an old fashioned facial

I said in the game day thread both manlys sin binnings were correct. You can say a penalty try should have been awarded to Roberts, I disagree. Either way you scored when they had 12 men anyway, so you actually got more of an advantage then a straight penalty try.

Manly scored 2 tries after mistakes? You know how many tries Souths scored after penalties? 5. You didn’t need to work your way downfield once.

9-3 penalty count. 60 mins against 12 men. Did I say any of these were wrong? No. But if you don’t think that’s an example of things going your way then I don’t know what you could think is. Then again you’re a Souths fan so I guess winning lop sided penalty counts is just something you’re used to. This isn’t even mentioning that Manly were missing 3 of their best players against a full strength line Souths.

I can only assume you believe they’ll win on Friday given your post. I wish you all the best.

bull rider

Juniors
Souths are going to f**king destroy these fecal raider merkins.

The Viking clap has to be the most embarrassing thing in world sports.

Ricky Stuart is a perpetual f**king flop.

f**k you green merkins

Valheru

Coach
This game is really hard to pick in terms of how it will be played. We know what we will get with the other match but this could be anything.

The raiders not winning would be a Parramatta 2005 type choke but they are capable of that.

yobbo84

First Grade
Sure, we're probably the least talented of the last 4, and certainly have the worst defence.

But - I would back this team in a scrap vs anyone. We've won so many games this year we shouldn't have. This team doesn't panic and stays in the fight. There's only been the Roosters game and to a lesser extent the Sharks game where we've never been in the contest. It's how we've gotten this far.

If we bring the intensity we had vs the Broncos or Roosters in Rd25, we could ambush them. If we have the intensity of the last 2 weeks, we could be blown away.

I think a lot of it will come down to how Canberra handle the occassion.

bull rider

Juniors
Sure, we're probably the least talented of the last 4, and certainly have the worst defence.

But - I would back this team in a scrap vs anyone. We've won so many games this year we shouldn't have. This team doesn't panic and stays in the fight. There's only been the Roosters game and to a lesser extent the Sharks game where we've never been in the contest. It's how we've gotten this far.

If we bring the intensity we had vs the Broncos or Roosters in Rd25, we could ambush them. If we have the intensity of the last 2 weeks, we could be blown away.

I think a lot of it will come down to how Canberra handle the occassion.
You also have the best coach to ever hold a clipboard. Souffs are specials next week

Latest posts