What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Team Names

Perth Red

Post Whore
In terms of colours green and white, black and white, red and yellow would stand out. Any use if blue by expansion teams should be banned!

If pirates get in I’d love us to go with 49’ers colours and use scarlet red and gold with a dash of black.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
In terms of colours green and white, black and white, red and yellow would stand out. Any use if blue by expansion teams should be banned!

If pirates get in I’d love us to go with 49’ers colours and use scarlet red and gold with a dash of black.
Alternate can be that awesome black colour rush kit the 49ers used. All black with shimmer red numbers.... maybe some gold accents too.

greenBV4

Bench
Brisbane Bulls? Does anyone use Bulls in Australian sport?
0501fde7-2f26-4273-be2a-6554f83cdba2-png.32921

Queensland Bulls are the State cricket side based in Brisbane

The Great Dane

First Grade
If Bulls is taken then call them the Brisbane Brahman or Braford (Braford are an Australian breed developed in Queensland, but they aren't as unique looking as Brahman)

That way they are the bulls without being called the bulls, and it's more unique anyway.

Last edited:

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Seeing as Brisbane seems to love alliteration (Brisbane Broncos, Bombers, Bears (old AFL), Bandits (ABL) Bullets (NBL)... I think you get my drift) a couple of ideas I was thinking of for a new team:

Brisbane Barbarians (to unite all those who against the Broncos)
Brisbane Browns (Their logo could be an Eastern Brown Snake and Brisbanians love drinking a Milton Mango (XXXX beer) next to the Brown Snake (Brisbane River) which runs close to Suncorp Stadium.)

27EELS

Juniors
I do like some of the Names U have suggested and some are a bit how ya goin’ ? Lol , I still like some of the original Names for Defunct Teams though , but for another Team in the same Region I like some U have mentioned.

Adelaide Rams / Angels / Boomerangs
Canberra -A.C.T Death Adders
Perth - Western Reds /Pirates
Perth Pitbulls / Spit Fires
Fremantle Swifts / Swans ? Hammerheads / Spit Fires
Top End - Darwin Razorbacks / Crocs / Warrigals / Boomerangs
Melbourne Mantis
Nth Melbourne Bushrangers /Outlaws
Sth Melbourne Sting Rays / Stealth
Brisbane Valley Diehards /
Brisbane City Brethren / Brahman
Brisbane King Browns / Boas
South Brisbane Scorpions
North Brisbane Devils ? Lol
Western Taipans
Redcliffe Dolphins / Bay Dolphins
Brisbane East Seagulls / S.E Seagulls
Ipswich Jets
Sunshine Coast Falcons / Wide Bay Bulls
North Cape / Peninsular Huntsman / Pythons
Townsville Black Hawks / Stingers
Cairns Cyclones / Marlins
Mackay Cutters
Rockhampton Rattlers / Copper Heads
Central Qld Capras
Toowoomba Clydesdales / Mustangs
South West Mustangs
Gold Coast Titans with Chargers colours lol :smirk:
Hunter Mariners
Central Coast Ghosts / Phantoms
North Sydney Bears :wink:
Illawarra Steelers :wink:
Sydney Funnel Webs lol
Wellington Orcas / Killer Whales /Widows
Sth Island - Christchurch Katipo
South Pacific Power
P.N.G Hunters / Vipers
and Tasman Devils / Demons /Hammerheads I guess ...

There’s a few for U , some of which U Guys suggested and a couple of mine :smirk: some I have used twice because they’re all not gonna be there anyway.
U might like some U might like none lol
U might like some Names for other Teams

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Moreton Bay Manta's. Stradbroke island is famous for its giant Manta Rays.

Hardly trips off the tongue, they'd keep getting called mantras lol

I know we have the sharks, for now, but the something Whites with a great white and playing in predominately white kits would be kind of cool, if not very PC lol.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Hardly trips off the tongue, they'd keep getting called mantras lol

I know we have the sharks, for now, but the something Whites with a great white and playing in predominately white kits would be kind of cool, if not very PC lol.
How about the Moreton Bay Rays? Or Moreton Rays for short? This way you're still uning the Manta as the logo and tapping into the area's abundance of the animal but sounds a bit better or rolls off the toungue easier during a broadcast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How about the Moreton Bay Rays? Or Moreton Rays for short? This way you're still uning the Manta as the logo and tapping into the area's abundance of the animal but sounds a bit better or rolls off the toungue easier during a broadcast.

Yeh Rays works a lot better.

The new Albany RL club must have the one of the most unique brands in the world, love how they have taken their colours from the sea dragon and ocean it lives in. Very smart.

albany dragons.jpg

leafy-seadragon-24M1155-55D.jpg

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Just some images I came across after last nights idea of Moreton Rays.... obviously the colour scheme can be changed to suit, maybe teal & orange.... although I to like the one below with the black... maybe black, orange and teal?CCBC60BB-02F8-4C4F-BE8F-23605B360491.jpeg D9CC4792-08EF-4661-A39F-09A9918C9C3A.jpeg 7211E433-2BFC-4572-BCAB-47729143CC9F.jpeg

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Just a concept I came up with. Happy to hear peoples' opinions. I have purposely left out an area/region as I believe this can be flexible. I was thinking either Nth Brisbane Rays or Moreton (Bay) Rays.

Moreton Bay.png

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Just another concept for a second Brisbane team that I hashed together. I like the colours because theres no other team that uses brown (since the Panthers have gone to all black) and the combo with the orange looks cool. Obviously copyright would need to be negociated with the Cleavland Browns in the NFL but I think it's solid.
Brisbane Browns.png

Latest posts