What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I remain unconvinced Matt Moylan is keen to play fullback, I think he is over the high balls and returns required.

My pure speculation is he wants to play 5/8, that would be the motivation to stay healthy.

You need a 5/8, when fit he is all class, not cheap, not off contract (not that it matters when both parties are happy)

Just a thought.

I would be happy to keep him if he really is happy at fullback, just not convinced.

Frederick

Staff member
If Lino is out for a while it becomes more important to get an experienced half and use young up and comers in reserves or bench to gain experience.
Pearce is an experienced half. He just needs someone with an ounce of talent working beside him in the halves so all the pressure isn't on him. Doesn't mean we need to go and spend a fortune if we have talent within the club. Slow-burning talented youngsters in reserves while we go spend big on other clubs cast offs will see them leave the club

Frederick

Staff member
I remain unconvinced Matt Moylan is keen to play fullback, I think he is over the high balls and returns required.

My pure speculation is he wants to play 5/8, that would be the motivation to stay healthy.

You need a 5/8, when fit he is all class, not cheap, not off contract (not that it matters when both parties are happy)

Just a thought.

I would be happy to keep him if he really is happy at fullback, just not convinced.
Oi f**k off, we don't want your deadwood.

Moylan is an overrated hack who only puts in when he feels like it...we have too many as it is

I don't see the urgent need for a 6.
We've got Watson and, in the future, we'll look at Ponga developing as a play maker. He has those skills and slots in around 6 when he comes forward.
Brailey adds some playmaking skills.
Then we've got young guys coming through. In the past we've lost young talent by blooding them too quick into an inexperienced side or not giving them a clear path. This side *should* have the experience to blood some young guys but it's up to them to dedicate themselves.
My concern would be that we might give Mann a go at 6. I reckon the Moses connection might see that.

Yosh

Coach
A big no thanks to Bird- chasing expensive injury prone players should be the last thing we do.

We need guys to fill the lack of leadership in the team. I wish it was 12 months earlier and both Morris boys were available again. They are absolute quality.

I was calling out for the Morris boys. I thought they would go alright but they almost superstar level this season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
we've hired a full-time kicking coach, a full-time wrestling coach
Given these are crucial elements of todays game and we havent had these roles at the club in the past speaks volumes about the Knights.

I thought almost every club had a full time wrestling coach and kicking coach? If not Rugby League could hardly be considered a professional game.

newyboy

Juniors
we've hired a full-time wrestling coach,

I was at the GYM one day around 2001 and a guy I know (UFC/Wrestler, before that was a thing) approached a Knights assistant coach an said I'm a wrestler etc, etc and I think I can help your players with some ideas I have. The assistant rejected him and said, nah no need we are not interested or similar.

ryana87

Juniors
Any love for Will Chambers?

I know he is past his prime, but we need a centre desperately and could do a lot worse