What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Predator. Not as bad as I expected after hearing all negative things. First half was ok, nothing great, then 2nd half went downhill.

The magnificent seven (1960). Really good movie which mostly holds up even though it’s nearly 60 years old.

mongoose

Coach
Midsommar - look, I'm all for horror movies that don't rely on jump scares but this was just a load of garbage. Not remotely scary either, just weird and surprisingly very predictable.

PJ

First Grade
Cold Pursuit. 6 Taken on Ice. Not bad but Liam Neeson has become a cut and paste for just about all his recent movies. Main villian was a terrible actor. Only less convincing hard man/ boss baddy was Matthew Newton in Underbelly.

Destroyer 7. Interesting enough cop tale but Kidmans make up was distractingly bad.

Matua

Bench
Cold Pursuit. 6 Taken on Ice. Not bad but Liam Neeson has become a cut and paste for just about all his recent movies. Main villian was a terrible actor. Only less convincing hard man/ boss baddy was Matthew Newton in Underbelly.
I've seen similar reviews of this and I really don't understand that - this film is more like a Coen Brothers film (or the Fargo TV series) than a Taken film. In fact, I'd say if it said "Written and directed by the Coens" at the start it would get mostly positive reviews. He's not even a "skilled" operator in this.

PJ

First Grade
I've seen similar reviews of this and I really don't understand that - this film is more like a Coen Brothers film (or the Fargo TV series) than a Taken film. In fact, I'd say if it said "Written and directed by the Coens" at the start it would get mostly positive reviews. He's not even a "skilled" operator in this.

Didn't strike me as anything like a Cohen brothers film.

May not have been a "skilled" operator but has some background.

Other than that it is a lone man hunting down and despatching a group of people who have wronged him. Siilar theme to the Taken series, Run all Night and from memory Walk Among the Tombstones.

Matua

Bench
Didn't strike me as anything like a Cohen brothers film.

May not have been a "skilled" operator but has some background.

Other than that it is a lone man hunting down and despatching a group of people who have wronged him. Siilar theme to the Taken series, Run all Night and from memory Walk Among the Tombstones.
I don't know what type of films the 'Cohens' make. ;)

But it was really nothing like those films. Even those films aren't even that similar (the Taken's aside which are similar to each other).

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

axl rose

Bench

This movie was just weird, tone was all over the place. The side characters seemed to be a different movie to Neeson. Enjoyed Taken alot but couldn't get into this.

I've seen similar reviews of this and I really don't understand that - this film is more like a Coen Brothers film

Yes, Id agree with that

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
This movie was just weird, tone was all over the place. The side characters seemed to be a different movie to Neeson. Enjoyed Taken alot but couldn't get into this.

Yes, Id agree with that
It's a remake of a Swedish or Danish film starring Stellan Skarsgaard - with the same director IIRC.

Exsilium

First Grade
Just watched “The frozen ground” with Nicholas Cage and Vanessa Hudgens.

Based on the serial killer Robert Hansen.

I was a bit worried about how it would unfold given Nic Cages ability to ruin a movie but I think it was a solid piece.

John Cusack as Robert Hansen was a good choice.

Worth a watch.

mackdadday

Juniors
Between Two Ferns The Movie. Was exactly what you want from a Zach Gal film. Will Ferrel at his best and as usual some very awkward interviews with a bunch of stars. 8/10.

AD Astra was an ok movie. Decent story, great visuals but very slow paced. Just don't go into it expecting Interstellar or something.

Agreed although I liked it perhaps more than yourself. Saw it today.

On the space theme I watched a movie I never knew existed last night called Europa Report. I wouldn’t call it a hidden gem exactly but thought it was pretty good all-round. Released a few years ago and only made $120k at the box office - an absolute pittance..

bileduct

Coach
Agreed although I liked it perhaps more than yourself. Saw it today.

On the space theme I watched a movie I never knew existed last night called Europa Report. I wouldn’t call it a hidden gem exactly but thought it was pretty good all-round. Released a few years ago and only made $120k at the box office - an absolute pittance..
It was a low budget movie that was produced for streaming services and had a very, very limited theatrical release.

Latest posts