What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

yobbo84

First Grade
Wow, this'll be sold out very soon.

Capture.png

carcharias

Immortal
Got mine about 15 minutes ago, Pax 19290 or thereabouts.

No temporary seating is bullshit, there’s plenty of places to put it.

Awesome
18 thousand bogans simultaneously attempting to count to 3 and then clap on the 1st and second beat.
It’s gonna be sick.
It’ll sound like there is about 60 k there.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wonder if Roosters Storm will beat the previous SCG crowd 2 weeks ago?

In favour -
Roosters fans typically have come out in far better numbers for week 3 finals than week 1 non-elimination games.
Grand final replay and enthusiasm building for the back-to-back

Against -
Despite Souths fans not really showing up in big numbers 2 weeks ago, Melbourne probably won't bring half as many. Roosters will need to bring minimum 25,000 fans to have a hope of the total clearing 30k.
Neutrals probably won't come out for it. Petty tribalism overrides a love of quality football for most NRL fans.

Roosters Elimination final history:

2018, v Souths SFS 44k
2017, v Cowboys SFS 27k
2015 (week 2), v Bulldogs, SFS 35k
2014 (week 2), v Cowboys SFS 18k
2013, v Newcastle SFS 37k
2010, (week 2) v Penrith SFS 23k

Prediction: somewhere in line with the the 2017 number - 29k

moffla

Bench
Wonder if Roosters Storm will beat the previous SCG crowd 2 weeks ago?

In favour -
Roosters fans typically have come out in far better numbers for week 3 finals than week 1 non-elimination games.
Grand final replay and enthusiasm building for the back-to-back

Against -
Despite Souths fans not really showing up in big numbers 2 weeks ago, Melbourne probably won't bring half as many. Roosters will need to bring minimum 25,000 fans to have a hope of the total clearing 30k.
Neutrals probably won't come out for it. Petty tribalism overrides a love of quality football for most NRL fans.

Roosters Elimination final history:

2018, v Souths SFS 44k
2017, v Cowboys SFS 27k
2015 (week 2), v Bulldogs, SFS 35k
2014 (week 2), v Cowboys SFS 18k
2013, v Newcastle SFS 37k
2010, (week 2) v Penrith SFS 23k

Prediction: somewhere in line with the the 2017 number - 29k
I’m coming up from Melbourne. As soon as we lost to Raiders I earmarked it and I knew a fair few storm fans are the same. Obviously won’t bring massive numbers but we will have somewhat of a presence.

I wish it was held at a better ground but can’t be helped! 30k + is a good result

adamkungl

Immortal
I’m coming up from Melbourne. As soon as we lost to Raiders I earmarked it and I knew a fair few storm fans are the same. Obviously won’t bring massive numbers but we will have somewhat of a presence.

I wish it was held at a better ground but can’t be helped! 30k + is a good result

The SCG is a great facility even though the views aren't great for Rugby League.

My recommendation is to get GA or Cat 3 tickets and sit close to one of the corners, reasonably high up. You're only a few metres from the field and the big screen is really big.
Paying a premium to sit on the 50M line is not worth it when the 50M line is so far from the field.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Move the game to Sydney

No it should be in Canberra. A few times I have been to GIO stadium I have noticed the temporary seating down at the Southern end of the ground, thought they must have just left it there just in case but this year I noticed it was gone, might have been gone last year too but not sure.

moffla

Bench
The SCG is a great facility even though the views aren't great for Rugby League.

My recommendation is to get GA or Cat 3 tickets and sit close to one of the corners, reasonably high up. You're only a few metres from the field and the big screen is really big.
Paying a premium to sit on the 50M line is not worth it when the 50M line is so far from the field.
Yeah, I’ve been for AFL once and thought it was decent enough

Ended up getting storm supporter section (bay 5, row p). Should be fine enough, was only $40.

sempmrh

Juniors
Yeah, I’ve been for AFL once and thought it was decent enough

Ended up getting storm supporter section (bay 5, row p). Should be fine enough, was only $40.

I’ll be heading up and sitting in the Storm supporter section as well. Our section is right in front of the big screen close to the corner - pretty ideal for rugby league on an oval. $40 seems more than reasonable.

The SCG website has one of those ‘find my seat’ things which will show a photo of your approximate view. Looks fine to me.

Burns

First Grade
Um

will there be tickets released tomorrow for Canberra?

I should have found a member to buy with :/

Latest posts