What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

Generalzod

Immortal
You could probably call her one of the very first celebrity chefs but was also a very much loved Australian icon and author of many great cook books, Margaret Fulton has passed away aged 94.
Oh yes my mother bought those Bessemer cookware only because Margaret Fulton promoted them, you could only get them via a Tupperware party.. lol

nöyd

Staff member
Ric Ocasek of rock group The Cars has passed away of apparent natural causes. 75 years old.

RIP

He did well to "fill in" for their regular singer Ben Orr who died some years ago from cancer or something like that from memory.

I am absolutely devastated by the death of Ric Ocasek. Gutted. Just so, so gutted.

The Cars debut album was one my parents had and since I was 2-3 years of age (I'm 43 now), has been played to death. Only a couple of months ago, I bought all their remastered CDs again. Not only that, he was a solo artist and a producer of a fantastic batch of albums and songs for bands like Motion City Soundtrack, Nada Surf, Weezer and Guided By Voices. My wife nearly shot me when I plumped $150 for an unopened mint CD of Beatitude, then left muso collecting friends aghast as I proceeded to open it and listen to it.

I'm actually crying. Real hot lump in the throat, snot salt tears of sadness as I try and warble along to You Might Think, Good Times Roll and Since You're Gone.

Ric Ocasek made everything cool. Guys like him wouldn't make it in pop now as he doesn't look like a pop star. But boy, could he play guitar.

This is one of my absolute fave Cars tracks...it is a typically quirky, bent pop song that has so many awesome elements that I can just leave it on repeat and sing along to it all day long.

RIP Ric Ocasek. Thanks for forty years of pop-tacular memories.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Carol Lynley who played the annoying but hot looking Nonni in The Poseidon Adventure passed away aged 77 from a heart attack.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The stunning Diahann Carroll passed away aged 84. Remembered for the ground breaking series Julia and went on to be one of the super bitches on Dynasty.

Parra

Referee
Robert Foster. Loved everything I saw him in. Particularly his roles in Jackie Brown and Breaking Bad.

Great actor.